Posted: Dec 21st 2011 3:03AM DancingCow said

I find these programs cheesy and distasteful.

I'll recommend a game to friends only if the game is good and I think they'll enjoy it, i.e. it suits their tastes. Incentives like this don't change that. If they did then I'd be abusing my friends for personal gain. Um.... no thanks.

And the flip side is that incentives like this encourage suspicion on the part of those receiving recommendations.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 4:18AM JuliusSeizure said

@DancingCow

I like to think of them as a pleasant bonus for something I was going to do anyway, and something to ignore the rest of the time.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 11:14AM (Unverified) said

I was kinda shocked at how bad the F2P transition was. Returning to the game to find I would have to pay extra for all my characters (controllers or epic AT) was not a good surprise.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 11:50AM Utakata said

@(Unverified)

It's not so bad if you re-sub. In some, ways your treated better than before transition. But I wouldn't touch the "free" to play version of it with a 100 meter poll. You're made to feel like a welfare bum at best, unless you go item mall...that's just not a good way to sell their game. /shrug

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 3:30PM Sente said

@(Unverified)
Well, if you do not have any other archetypes than those, then that is a bit tough.

Still, if you want to play the game you would need to pay something still to get to premium level anyway.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 1:19AM (Unverified) said

I have a very odd situation, as I worked for them for a wile. I lost my previous account when I left and they deleted it, kinda screwing me out of the year of subscription I payed for.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 1:53AM Sente said

That sucks, if they deleted something you paid for. That is their screw-up though and they must have back-ups of data, so they should reasonably be able to recover it and/or provide some compensation for it.

WoW Archivist: Epics