Posted: Dec 19th 2011 11:45PM Vinegar Ninja said

The Demigod demo was kinda fun, but it seems kind of out of date compared to the "new" kids on the block, LoL and HoN.

Posted: Dec 19th 2011 11:48PM h4ngedm4n said

@Vinegar Ninja
and Dota 2! Brendan, why don't you cover Dota 2 in this column? Surely Valve would hook you up for the exposure you provide.

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 6:34AM Brendan Drain said

@h4ngedm4n We do cover Dota 2, there was no Dota 2 news this week. The only thing the beta got this week was a "suggested items" box.

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 6:38AM Brendan Drain said

@Vinegar Ninja When you think about it, Demigod SHOULD look out of date next to LoL and HoN. It was released in 2009 (before both LoL and HoN) and hasn't been significantly updated since then. Its credited as being the first standalone game in the DotA genre, which we now call the MOBA genre.

Makes you wonder how big the game could have been if it had gone free to play and produced continual updates the way LoL does.

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 12:40PM (Unverified) said

@Brendan Drain

I don't get how it looks "out of date", visually it is vastly superior to any other MOBA out there. I love LoL but even it doesn't compare in terms of in-game visuals. Now in terms of gameplay/lobby mechanic's maybe, but none of that can be inferred from the video as far as I can see.

Posted: Dec 19th 2011 11:45PM h4ngedm4n said

I remember looking at Demigod way back but never followed up and soon forgot about it. Now it is surprising to me that many people are intrigued by it (due to its steam release) but have not tried the many other mobas that already exist.

Anyone here actually tried the game and have some feedback? I took a glance at their stats page and notice kind of a low player count and mostly co-op vs ai games:

Also, nice firefall cosplaying thing. With that much budget invested and such a big team behind it, it is pretty much no different from movie costuming. But it still looks nice.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 7:13AM BGExorcist said

@h4ngedm4n
I played it thwn it came out, single player though cos it was pirated ofc.
Heavy on the PC, I guess due to poor optimization. Few Demigods, and not impressed at all from the game. Deleted soon after :).

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 7:19AM Cyroselle said

I'm not really watching Firefall that intently as I'm not a huge PVP fan, but wow that was a cool video! What an awesome shop that would be to work in, I'd love to work in prototyping. having Crystal in there with a brief bio was pretty neat too. :D

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 7:22AM Cyroselle said

@Cyroselle

Also I'm glad that, from the looks of it, they didn't make the MorningStar battleframe all girly'd up. While the core suit does support feminine curves, the armor still looks very utilitarian and damn B.A.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 1:01PM (Unverified) said

About demigod....

To me, its like your typical DotA/LoL gameplay only much slower paced. And within that slower gameplay, you have room for more strategic/tactical depth. If you're one who's more into deeper and slower strategy vs the fast-paced style of LoL, you might find more enjoyment out of this MOBA.

Generally, its the first DotA game I've enjoyed since DotA itself. I, however, am not like most.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014