Posted: Dec 15th 2011 3:07PM Amlin said

Pathfinder Online I would hope uses a more Diablo like camera setting to really capture the real life miniature campaigns. I don't know if I would like to play such a game in 3rd or 1st person view.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 3:23PM (Unverified) said

what about dragonball online? i know they have released it for the over seas market. any idea if that will be coming to the US?

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 3:30PM nimzy said

Fallout Online is my hope against hope.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 3:55PM Softserve said

I am interested in Wizardry Online. Japanese developers still add to that series and it's practically unchanged... I'm interested to see their approach with that formula in a MMORPG. Could be fun (albeit difficult) or just tedious.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 3:56PM Saker said

Otherland might turn out to be something very different (if it goes the distance), and I welcome that!

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 5:40PM Nepentheia said

@Saker

Yup yup, exactly! This genre desperately NEEDS "something very different"! :-)

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 4:07PM HokieKC said

I agree. Class4 sounds awesome and the development team is loaded with proven talent. It tops my list for upcoming MMOs.

Defiance is also up there. If they can get their plan to work it could be awesome.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 4:07PM laserhawk said

i would suggest you look more into mechwarrior instead of passing so quick a judgement shows how very little you unstand the game nor the fan base that mw carriers, its cleint base goes all the way back to fasa and the battletech board game if you would have actually looked at the froums activaty going on on the web site you would have been very surpised at the welcomed news of our old game returning with a new face i along 1000s more are already to strap back on our gaint robots as you call them and go out and duke it out. now why is gaint robots fighting it out any defernt then your backing world of tanks same thing big metal tanks one walks one rolls

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 4:29PM Warsyde said

@laserhawk

Did you actually read the article? This is a list of games that might be great, or might not. He's not reviewing the games or passing judgement. Better to be mentioned on this list than not mentioned at all.

Also, as a long time Battletech fan (since the 80s) I can say that the fanbase is too small to generate a wildly successful MMO -- the game will need to pull in fresh blood. After all, where's FASA today? The Mechwarrior games? Yeah.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 4:54PM laserhawk said

@Warsyde i agrre our base has moved into other games as it took solong to get mechwarrior out are to get mw5 out but it isnt dead look at http://mwomercs.com/ there you will find alot of the old team/clans reporting in what got me the most upset is the lack of interest in review a game to the point he didnt even know the deffernce between mechwarrior and transforer all he says is gaint robots enough said

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 6:16PM Spacegrass said

@laserhawk

I would suggest that you go back to elementary school before embarrassing yourself with a post like that.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 4:15PM (Unverified) said

I wouldn't lump Mechwarrior with Transformers, but that is me. Mechs are way cooler than Optimus.

Posted: Dec 16th 2011 2:17AM Mikx said

I knew it was bad when I glanced over the list and I couldn't figure out why that one with the tv show tie in wasn't on here. I couldn't even remember the name, I had to read the description.

The tv tie in thing is just a waste, and a really bad gimmick, and really, headed for cancellation. Last we heard the tv show was taking place in Iowa or missouri or something, and the game is taking place in california? It doesn't make any sense.

Any of the more established MMOs: DCUO, STO, SWTOR could have an easier time cross referencing and influencing other media, and it wouldn't have the burden of all but requiring a connection.

Posted: Dec 16th 2011 2:31AM Celtar said

The chance to play Mechwarrior again after being one of the old MultiPlayer BattleTech(MPBT) on GEnie back in 1992 to 1996 has me very hyped up. There are a lot of us out there and the game lore is quite well done and vast.

That said I still hold worries and doubts to the company doing it justice who are currently producing it. I do read and occasionally post over on the MW-Online forums and am keeping a close eye on it though. :)

I'm just glad I don't have to pay 6.00 to 12.95 an hour to play it not counting the additional 2.00 an hour Sprint Net charge for not having a GEnie node near me back then. No more 500.00 to 1,000.00 dollar charge bills! 10.00 to 15.00 bucks a month for full access is a wonderfully cheap amount of cash to pay for 24/7/365 access to your hobby.

Posted: Dec 16th 2011 2:36AM JuliusSeizure said

@Celtar

Oops. Check my post below (may have to go to the article itself to see it). Forgot to hit Reply on your post. X(

Posted: Dec 16th 2011 2:35AM JuliusSeizure said

'Last we heard the tv show was taking place in Iowa or missouri or something, and the game is taking place in california? It doesn't make any sense.'

Let me answer with your own comment:

'And then you have to consider that what's happening in game can't even begin to be reflected in the show in real time if player choice (or playerbase choice) is going to have any effect at all on the outcome. '

Apparently there will be some occasional references to how the situation in the game is going on the show, but it seems like it'll likely mostly be the show influencing the game.

Posted: Dec 16th 2011 12:28PM syberghost said

I find it interesting that you laud "start small, then add features and grow" in one paragraph, then in another acknowledge that Massively readers hate companies that do that, such as Cryptic Studios.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories