Posted: Dec 15th 2011 9:59AM Dunraven said

By playing SWTOR a Star Wars game that is actually worthy of the name Star Wars.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 10:48AM Lucidus said

I hope Raph Koster takes some time out today to reflect on how his ego and insistence on a core design that didn't fit the IP destroyed a AAA title's potential.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 11:04AM Zeig said

im going to end this day the same way I started it. Hovering over theed in my ship, looking down on celebrations, with the victory theme from Return of the Jedi playing in the background.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 11:46AM (Unverified) said

I can't even begin to express how sad that this day has come, where we lose a real mmo to a watered down hand holding POS that everyone thinks is awesome until the next shiny comes along.

Yes technically we lost the real mmo at NGE.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 11:55AM (Unverified) said

I will be on Ahazi tonight hanging out and taking as many screenies as I can. :) Say what you will about SWG it definitely had it's shining moments and brought a lot of people together. I started in 2003 and managed to have some measure in each of it's incarnations.

I will really, really miss SWG. :(

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 12:10PM drunkingamebar said

If my homes still stand, they read "SOE YOU SUCK" and "Good by pricks" - pretty sure I had to use some alternate spellings to get by the filters...

But that's how I said bye, and how I would still word it today.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 1:00PM (Unverified) said

No worries I'm sure the private servers will be up and running within a week.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 2:33PM Glentendo said

SWG was the game that introduced me to the MMORPG genre back in 2004. I have to honestly say that there hasn't been a game that has come close to the complexity and just pure enjoyment that SWG was. Maybe it's nostalgia talking, maybe not. SWG was an amazing game in its prime (back before a certain "game enhancement"). Anyways, I'm very disheartened to see it go. Farewell SWG, your memory will live on.

Its a shame I cannot get in to play the last day. I would love to see the ending events. :/

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 3:34PM AtomicConnor said

I just said my last goodbye to Star Wars Galaxies (am going to be busy the rest of the day). I went into a cantina, after getting shot at by rebels who were celebrating their victory, and went over to the crowd of people. I called my baby pet varactyl, Dagger, and knelt down next to him. I petted him and told him I'd miss him. Thats when I hit the fatefull escape button, and clicked on "logout". Goodbye SWG, I hardly knew you.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 5:09PM Korrd said

I played this at least a lot longer than I did Star Trek Online.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM