Posted: Dec 15th 2011 5:45AM h4ngedm4n said

Torchlight 2 for me. I enjoy using mods and character editors to do away with parts of the action-rpg mechanics I do not enjoy, so I can concentrate on having a good time.

I also like to use a character editor so I could be at the appropriate level/gear/skills collection to play with different leveled friends without having to play multiple characters for that sole purpose. Especially when they are different circles of friends who do not want to static together due to different amounts of typical gameplay time. This will not be possible in Diablo 3, but it was very helpful in Diablo 2.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 7:12AM Loopy said

Although i won't be playing D3, since i don't enjoy those kinds of games, i still don't understand why people are getting so pissy about online connection being required.

We live in an age where having a consistent internet connection has become an absolute norm in the developed countries. Interruptions in internet services are being taken care of in a matter of minutes. So why is it such a problem that a company would like to keep all their games online, especially keeping in mind Blizzard's RealID chat that can obviously only be done while you're online.

If you don't have a constant internet connection at this age, just skip Diablo3, but don't get mad at it.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 5:34PM Mopo said

@Loopy

Not everyone lives in them big cities with fancy Interwebs like yous city slickers...

Posted: Dec 16th 2011 4:16AM (Unverified) said

@Loopy : when you level capped and uber geared hardcore character permadies due to an internet outage, the fact that you're back online within minutes won't be an enormous comfort.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 7:48AM Unverfied B said

I have to agree with everybody here, no forced online play, modding, no $$$ AH - TL2 wins with a big margin!

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 8:13AM Greyhame said

I'll go with both probably.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 9:31AM (Unverified) said

I'm happy that Torchlight 2 will be an option for all these people who are whining about Diablo 3, so I won't have to see them in game :)

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 9:55AM Bhima said

I say TL2 because it will come out in January and it should pass the time well until GW2 comes out.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 10:04AM Bladerunner83 said

Both games look promising, but If I only had 60 bucks to spend, I would go with Diablo 3. Visually, it is the world I'd rather explore.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 10:31AM Ceridith said

I'll probably buy both.
TL2 at release for $20, and D3 and all of it's expansions/DLC years from now when it's in the bargain bin for $20.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 12:19PM drunkingamebar said

Tourchlight 2.

Diablo 3 isn't Diablo, Blizzard has lost it's way.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 12:34PM Scuffles said

Torchlight II

End Of Line.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 12:37PM Sorithal said

Ehhh... Diablo 3 will be good as all Blizzard games are, but forcing it online similar to Starcraft 2 and what Ubisoft is doing for their games is lame. Plus Blizzard has basically proven that they're now in business primarily for money and milking players for everything they're worth. Torchlight, I don't really know about, but it sounds like it may prove more fun in the long run with mods.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny