Posted: Dec 14th 2011 9:31PM (Unverified) said

Eh, kind of a cruddy chart comparison presentation-wise.

Definitely looking forward to both games. Diablo 3 for that Blizzard polish and fun and its great art style. Torchlight 2 for improvements over the first and maybe even some co-op madness, plus it's cheaper.

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 9:33PM Daeths said

well i was all psyched for D3, and i mean majorly so following it for years, but now with the real money auction house... im not gong to bother. Also, 4 players is far too small and i want my necro!

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 9:44PM stamps79 said

I thought Torchlight was alright, not really may favorite point and click game, but it was fun, I also played it on the xbox360 and did find some great enjoyment using the xbox360 controller.. I'm in the D3 Beta and I've always been a huge fan of the Diablo series. I personally pre-ordered the CE when Blizzard first announced it. Torchlight 2, I'm pretty excited to see the changes and I hope it's more open this time around and I'm even excited about the Torchlight MMO coming out in a few years.

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 9:51PM SaintV said

Torchlight 2 ofcourse. Diablo and Diablo 2 were once great games developed by Blizzard North. Today Diablo 3 will reap the rewards from Blizzard North's success.

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 9:57PM edgecrusherO0 said

I'm goin for torchlight myself. While I'd like to play D3, a lot of the design decisions don't appeal to me (RMAH, always on DRM) and the fact that you can mod torchlight means almost unlimited content!

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 10:28PM Alex Oglitchkin said

You guys make it seem like DRM is sooo bad. It's Blizzard's way of reducing the chance of cheating and if you are then you are getting banned. SC2 gave out plenty of bans for cheaters. People take Blizzard games very seriously and want fairness so that is why there is no modding on their new stuff and always having to be connected to make sure no funny business happens. But if you truly compare the 2 who makes the most money is a no brainer on the champion is going to be.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 1:44AM Mikx said

@Alex Oglitchkin

People are fine with stopping cheating, but I travel a lot and I can't count on a good connection at all times, and I still want something to play. If I have an iffy connection I couldn't cheat even if I wanted to.

It's bad enough when you can't play your favorite mmo, but every single game out there is converting to an always online format, which leaves me with nothing. Cloud and saves in single player are great, but they shouldn't be mandatory.

T2 was high on my list anyway, but totalbiscuit's engineer vid sold me even more. Looks fun. I just hope the talents are a bit more interesting this time around.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 3:42AM Spacegrass said

@Alex Oglitchkin

If Blizzard fans wanted fairness, they wouldn't be playing a game where you can pay real money to have better gear than everyone else.

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 10:54PM (Unverified) said

I'll buy both for different reasons. With neither requiring a subscription, there is no reason not to for me since I enjoy both games.

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 11:23PM Poordevil said

Dunno about Torchlight 2 but I played some Torchlight 1 and I was thinking, why am I playing this when I could be playing Diablo 2?

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 11:47PM SgtBaker1234556 said

Probably both, but since I've already paid my Diablo (through 12 months of WoW), I'll start with that.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 12:17AM Naihonn said

Torchlight 2 is winner for me. It was easy decision. :0)

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 1:15AM Doran7 said

Reign supreme? I really don't care.. I really only care about which one will end up on my computer.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 1:49AM Skyydragonn said

heres the breakdown for me.
RMT vs. none RMT. winner Torchlight
I've watched a buddy play D32 beta....I've seen all the info on both. sorry but D3 is a RMT nightmare with greed stamped all over.

At least with Torchlight 2 I'm only paying $20 to replay the same game i did years ago (this time with freinds) instead of $60.
Sorry blizzard but your slowing sinking yourselves. It's time you stopped thinking about the bank and started remembering the playerbase that made you so damned popular (and wealthy) in the first F-in place.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 2:27AM (Unverified) said

I guess I'll probably end up playing both some.. but man I miss necromancer. =(

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 2:47AM Averice said

I thought torchlight 1 was pretty awful, but it's cool that they're supporting the mod community. Wait 6 months to get torchlight 2 and there will probably be an awesome mod version that is 100x better than whatever the original is.

I'm feeling D3 as going to be pretty awesome. I hope they continue to flesh out the end game in the future, inferno mode looks fun but it's no joke they could continue the story if they wanted with free module release updates. That's part of where the whole RMAH thing is coming into play in the first place, if they can continue to turn a profit on it then they can continue to create a lot of content for it.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 3:44AM Spacegrass said

Blizzard is dead to me, so I'm going with Torchlight II.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 4:47AM (Unverified) said

Blizzard are sell outs....didnt like the Beta, too streamlined....which is the same old story it seems these days with big developers.

Torchlight 2

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 5:15AM eLdritchZ said

well... to me it doesn't matter what it is up against, diablo 3 always loses because there's no customization to your character whatsoever apart from gear....

it's a big part of what i like about RPGs...

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 5:34AM Renko said

Torchlight is the game I play when my internet connection isn't working, so I guess that puts me in the Torchlight 2 camp.