Posted: Dec 13th 2011 7:11PM Hyperhypo said

Nice Article, I still play M59 from time to time. It got me hooked on MMOs

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 7:12PM Hyperhypo said

@Hyperhypo I started playing M59 in 96 when I was in high school. Such great memories. Excellent PVPs

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 7:24PM shodannet said

Ive still got a PC Zone magazine which has ads for this. At the time I was wondering what the hell the game was, given it was advertised almost like a travel/holiday destination (including breathtaking scenic pic with Mr And Mrs Generic Couple), with no screenshots included whatsoever (if I recall; its been a while since Ive read over my 90's magazines :S)

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 7:43PM gildhur said

I remember hearing about Meridian 59 when I was in high school in 97. If it weren't for the subscription fee and my limited access to a computer lab at the time, I would have played.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 9:33PM Saker said

I was in the alpha, it was such a new and wonderful thing! Very fond memories!

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 1:47AM Unshra said

Ah M59, my first MMO. I still remember the first time I ended up in the Underworld after dieing. Was a pain in the arse to get back to the realm of the living, now that was a corpse run. ^_^

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 9:37AM (Unverified) said

Whenever I think of M59 I realize how special the smaller community servers it had were. In Wow, I don't even always know everyone in my guild, but in M59 you knew just about everyone on the server you were on. The interaction between guilds fighting for guild halls has never been recreated by any MMO quite like it was in M59.

And yet, when I tried to play it a few years ago, it seemed to have lost something...but it was me, not the game. Years of EQ, DAOC and WoW and their variety and size make it difficult to go back. How I wish I could go back and play M59 without the jaded MMO eyes I view these games with now.

ZiggyStardust/Solkanar The Swamp King - M59 Server 105

Posted: Dec 16th 2011 1:55AM akirmse said

Thanks for the coverage! And yes, we're still running the game.