Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:09PM Wild Colors said

How does the early-access thing work? If I just pre-ordered a little while ago, does that mean I'll only get one day of early access? Or will they be letting everyone in over the next three days or something of that sort? Or have they not said?

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:19PM TheJackman said

@Wild Colors they doing waves of Email invites... 3/4 waves a day... However like you just did order you may not make it in or got to wait a few days.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:19PM Krovak said

@Wild Colors

Check out this link Wild. Think it will answer most your questions. Bottom line is, it seems, it all depends on how the system responds. If the servers are steady and strong they could speed up the "wave" of invites, and the converse is true also. We will see how good of a job they have done in preparing I guess.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:20PM Krovak said

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:28PM Wild Colors said

Awesome, thanks!

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 5:32PM Airwren said

Early Access starts today and already a confirmed xp bug/exploit with the warzones because so few people were invited. Bioware has had no comment on the issue so it appears it's working as intended.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:12PM (Unverified) said

Not RP-PVP? Bummer. I'll be playing on Jung Ma as soon as my early access kicks in.

I just realized I probably lost the names I wanted. :|

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:17PM TheJackman said

Sorry guys I am not jumping on the hype train just yet! I got burned and was disappointment so much time in almost all MMO releases in the last few years like Everquest II, Age of Conan, LOTRO, Rift and many others.

I am really enthused about the game overall. But I gonna sit it out a few months to see how the game doing in subs and content updates. Content updates are really important for me I do not want a WoW, EQ2 way of waiting 6/7/8 months for content updates. I really want play a never ending BioWare game like I always was a huge fan of there games but .... Star Wars not too much I wish they did go with Dragon Age or Mass Effect oh well.... Anyway hope to see you in 1/2 months in the game :)

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 5:56PM (Unverified) said

@TheJackman

Yeah, I would have preferred a Mass Effect MMO myself. I really liked the story for my trooper and imperial agent thou. The Republic / Empire have 100% different stories. I enjoyed beta enough to buy the game.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:19PM paraLogiki said

"If you pre-ordered the game early enough"

I mean really, say that out loud and ask yourself how absurd it sounds.

@Wild Colors

You will get an email as part of a "wave" and at a time Bioware chooses, there is no way to know when you will get early access, it has to do with when you added the pre-order code to your account, see here for info:

And enjoy waiting.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:23PM wildcard58 said

LOL @ "The Wait is Over Caption" Here 750+ post thread with folks who would beg to differ:

That and the Grace Period back peddle seem like news worth mentioning around here.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:44PM (Unverified) said

@wildcard58
Tough cookies to them for not ordering early like the rest of us. I am at work, but I got my e-mail.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:49PM wildcard58 said

@(Unverified)

I don't disagree...the caption just tickled me. However, it still seems worth covering on a site like this.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:32PM Quarlo said

• 1 heart
At the time of me writing this comment the forum thread about the preorder/early access is 756 epic pages long.

I know people who took today off to play early only to wait and wait and wait with nothing but silence from Bioware and eventually not get in.

I understand why they would stagger the flow of players into the game, but they really should have let players know DAYS AGO when they would have access to the game.

Another ball dropped by Bioware.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:43PM (Unverified) said

@Quarlo

Really because planning days off to play games is important. ALSO, I knew about the early access and waves thing at least a month ago. I thought it was common knowledge. It's people's own fault for not following up on it.

I got my e-mail at 11:11am EST because I put in my pre-order code on July 23rd. But guess what, I am a good employee and I am at work instead of at home playing the game and Obama appreciates me paying my taxes today so he could spend it faster (I know it's the house who does it, shush). L2beinformed about early access.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:51PM wildcard58 said

@Quarlo

Actually that is the second thread...they closed the first when it reached 1000 posts...they would have repeated had the thread not been closed.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 5:12PM (Unverified) said

@wildcard58

Well, people today are too uninformed. They expect everything to be handed to them or spoon fed. I am 41 years old and I knew that the early acces was going to be in waves based on pre-order code a month ago. I cannot tell you where the link is to that discussion. But I knew about it. All these people who are now crying about not getting in today, where were they?

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 1:54AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) At school drinking apple juice and eating cookies...

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 12:12PM KvanCetre said

@(Unverified)
I've known about early access waves for months... Pretty sure they announced that in July. And mentioned it often.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:33PM Nautius said

The game doesn't officially release until 12/20. The EGA is first come, first server.

All I have been hearing is sour grapes about those who didn't put 5 measly dollars down for their pre-order.

Get over yourselves.

The game is a lot of fun and that is not determined by when you get in, rather it's what you do to make it fun.