Posted: Dec 12th 2011 12:37PM Space Cobra said

It's nice to have a starship, but kinda hoping we can customize the exterior as we can the interior.

And heck, it'd be nice to have even more selection of choices once the game's been out for more than a year; maybe we can see less cheese in the choice and Knight/Consular or Inquisitor/Warrior can finally get their own ships.

Heck, maybe the advanced classes can get their own ships, too!

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 12:53PM JonBuck said

@Space Cobra Pretty much what I'm hoping for as well. Free flight in your ship, more ship choices, interior and exterior customization. If there are more ships added for late game there needs to be a special questline for obtaining it.

Still, this is enough to tide me over until then. :)

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 12:58PM Stellar25 said

@Space Cobra Any heavy customization will be a post launch feature on their "wall of crazy."

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 1:16PM aurickle said

I would be happy just with various hooks that I could put various items on -- including trophies or mementos from my adventures. I really doubt we'll ever get any kind of serious customization.

The protocol droid is actually beneficial from the moment you get him. Just leave him on the ship and set him to craft items. You'll end up using resources as fast as you can gather them without ever having to send your primary companion off on more than "sell my junk" runs.

Regarding seats, only a few of the ship's seats can actually be used -- those in the cockpit and a few others on the ship. You can't, for example, sit down at the chess board. The Trooper comes off particularly sad here due to a briefing room with tons of seats that are completely useless.

The ship combat was surprisingly fun to me. I would never make a steady diet of it, but running the scenarios a few times each is entertaining. I'd been expecting a disaster when I hear how it's on rails but I found it engaging despite that.

Incidentally, you can use your ship socially with friends. You have to be grouped and enter the hangar first. Your friends will then be able to follow and board your ship. (If they're the same class as you, they must enable the preferences option to allow them to enter same-class instances.) Just don't take off before everyone's aboard or the ship will disappear without them. They can even travel with you to other planets this way. The only weird thing is that when they disembark the ship they will exit their own vessel in its own hangar. But still, it's nice to be able to walk around other players' ships. And if they do get the customization features in place as well as actually allow you to use more of the seats I can imagine that player ships will become a bit of a social hub for people.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 3:50PM DancingCow said

"Through space combat you'll be able to earn upgrades for your ship. "

Personally I wouldn't do it this way.

The first space mission is easy enough and the reward is armour plating. But I found the second one much more difficult - until I spent a pittance to fully outfit the ship with shields, bigger missile bay etc.

The Nexus Telegraph: How to fix WildStar