Posted: Dec 12th 2011 8:32PM heimskringla said

@JayDay

Had I known that EA/Bioware wasn't going to offer a grace period, I very well may have done that. However, Bioware/EA said there would be a grace period designed to allow people who had boxed copies to continue playing in light of potential shipping delays.

So far you've made every excuse possible to make it seem as if those of us who pre-ordered are in the wrong (despite ordering early, from reputable retailers with good reputations, and choosing rapid shipping service). Bioware/EA made a commitment to pre-order customers and then reneged on that commitment. That's the issue. The issue is not whether or not I will be able to play while I'm at work (in a hospital in a clinical role where MMO gaming is a bit discouraged) bur rather the issue is why Bioware/EA chose to lie to customers.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 9:29PM archer75 said

@heimskringla They didn't lie. It's subject to change. Lots of things change throughout the process. The FAQ does state there will be no grace period. I have seen interviews in August where they mention it. After that they changed the FAQ to indicate there would be no grace period.

They are also working with retailers to get copies shipped out early. And there are reports that this is indeed happening.

Really it's just a game. Life is too damn short and not worth getting pissy over something that just doesn't matter. You will have plenty of time to play.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 9:35PM J45neoboy said

I LOVE YOU TOR! PLEASE LET ME IN!

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:14AM Utakata said

@Lafajet

There are always flamewars when ever Massively mentions anything about SWTOR in the last few months. It's like mentionnig the word "liberal" at a Republican convention...that is, it elicits multiple heated arguements and spirited debates that seem to go on forever.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:45AM DokiDokiBawanga said

Jedi Sage here i come!

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 2:48PM (Unverified) said

I don't get early access, when i went and pre-ordered my Collector's Ed the code didn't print, and when i went back to rectify the situation they were out of codes. : \

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 6:11PM (Unverified) said

Everyone wants early access now.

And in 3 months time everyone will want to get rid of the subscription.

Faith is just a thing passing by.

Posted: Dec 15th 2011 8:09PM Sean D said

Given all the confusion regarding pre-order early access and how to setup an account and prepare to play the game, it might be worthwhile for Massively to write a 'how to' artcile taking us through the steps from purchase to login. This pre-launch/launch plan that EA/Bioware cooked up is cockamamied at best. I sign up, change my passwords (how often does anyone actually log into EA?), check my email, enter a code, access my account, etc. My account tells me no code's been entered, so I try again. This time is says the code I entered has already been used. And so on. There's no clear step-by step guide that I've found.

Posted: Dec 17th 2011 1:21PM SWTOR Guide said