Posted: Dec 12th 2011 5:17PM Celtar said

@Space Cobra

I just want to see the PvP-RP server list and location as to where they are at. I don't want high latency due to being as far as I can be from the physical location of servers like I used to be when I first started WoW years ago. I ended up doing a 5 character paid move to servers closer to where I live years ago.

Of course then a couple years later Blizzard went and moved the Seattle server battlegroups down to Phoenix, hosing my 11ms to 21ms latency. lol Thanks Blizzard!

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 3:51PM heimskringla said

@JayDay I definitely didn't procrastinate. Ordered at 9:00AM on 7/21 with one-day shipping.

Ordered a second boxed copy on 8/7 (for a friend who collects mmorpg boxes) after the grace period was confirmed for a second time. If they had confirmed no grace period, I would have purchased digital copies for myself and probably for my friend too.

You can try to spin this as whining all you want, but the fact is Bioware/EA told SWTOR pre-order customers that there would be a grace period, and as of presently they have reneged on that grace period.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 3:53PM Clemalum07 said

• 1 heart
@heimskringla Good lord dude QQ more. Its one freaking day. Most people who ordered through GOOD suppliers will get their boxes in time.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 5:20PM LaughingTarget said

@heimskringla

Try spending time with family, that's what this time of year is supposed to be for.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 7:42PM aurickle said

@Clemalum07
"On time," yes. "In time," no.

They will receive their boxes on the 20th, on launch day and therefore on time.

However, the servers will be unavailable to them starting at midnight, Eastern time or 9:00 pm on the 19th, Pacific time. The boxes will not arrive in time for you to input your code before the server locks you out.

Put another way, most people who ordered through good suppliers will get their boxes ON time, but not IN time.

That is the fundamental complaint, exacerbated by the fact that the devs at first said for months that there would be a grace period and then at the last minute said that there would not be.

One solution would be to allow a grace period of even as little as 24 hours -- giving everyone receiving their box on time to continue play without interruption. There would still be some people left in the cold, but it would resolve the issue for most.

Another solution would be to allow retailers like Amazon to ship the boxes for delivery on the 19th. This would simply require a bit of code on the server that basically says, "If code = valid and pre-order registration = true, allow access before launch. If code = valid and pre-order registration = false, do not allow access before launch." This way, if someone happens to get a copy of the box but didn't pre-order, he'll be able to play starting at the official launch but not before. Meanwhile, everyone who pre-ordered can seamlessly transition from Early Access to live game without interruption.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 8:19PM JayDay said

@heimskringla

Don't play. Honestly I don't care. :)

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 8:20PM JayDay said

BTW should have ordered Digital Download if waiting wasn't your bag.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 9:26PM archer75 said

@aurickle They are working with retailers to send out copies early. Some people who have pre-ordered from gamestop and amazon report their copies are now shipping.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 3:54PM Kaseryn said

I think Joystiq is gonna have to make a separate SWTOR Insider site.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 3:58PM heimskringla said

@BriannaRoyce I'm not sure how a potential 900,000-ish pre-orders losing access to the game over a benefit that EA/Bioware used to entice people to order boxed copies (one of which was over double the price of the standard edition) qualifies as un-newsworthy.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 4:13PM (Unverified) said

@silver001

I am not surprised at trollish behavior anymore from GW2 fans. This is ToR thread yet here you are trolling the thread. I think the point is proven.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 4:16PM Unverfied B said

Anyone seen a concise list of what types of mod come from where and go into what kind of item?

All the database sites seem to show the old mods system (the one that had overlays, underlays, triggers, etc.) and not the new one.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 5:28PM heimskringla said

@LaughingTarget Yet another person who doesn't seem to understand that the issue isn't about "huff huff huff, I have to stop playing TOR for 12 hours."

The issue is about EA/Bioware using something to entice people to order boxed copies and then reneging on that benefit. To be clear... I do not care that I "have to take time off." I have a job and a social life and don't play MMORPGs obsessively. However, given the not insubstantial sum I spent on the product, I would like to have the option of logging in and playing (as I was told I would) if I should decide that is what I want to do.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 6:18PM JayDay said

• 1 heart
@heimskringla

They haven't. It's not the 20th. You haven't lost any play time. Until the 20th happens you're ranting.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 5:41PM (Unverified) said

@Tannim I believe he was agreeing with you and calling the other gentleman a troll. Good day, champ.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 5:45PM justenjoy said

damn ea can't login to my swtor account and I have redeemed my key already. Pass recovery does not work either

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 5:54PM (Unverified) said

@justenjoy

I would definitely contact EA customer support.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 6:36PM Lafajet said

Begun, these flame wars has.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 6:50PM SolCross said

I'm a bit embarrassed to say this, but the Aurebesh-style text used in the images is driving me crazy.

I worked at Star Tours, so I have an excuse to know Aurebesh.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 7:17PM JonBuck said

I wish they'd publish the rest of the Timeline episodes.