Posted: Dec 12th 2011 7:43PM tooright said

• Half a heart
seriously? yeah OK bigpoint, I'm sure I'll spend the next week on pins and needles waiting for the big .... whats that game again? OH YEAH drakensang online.

Seriously don;t keep us all waiting , we're soooo dying for some drunkenskank online.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 9:03PM (Unverified) said

If they want to draw more people in I'd say they better update the marshes after the wild woods (or whatever they were called), 5-10 mob spawns right behind your back etc. aren't conductive to playing.

The game basically now is fine till about level 20 ,after that it becomes rediculous imo.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 9:18PM Tom in VA said

I was mildly interested in this game because of the IP, but Bigpoint's involvement is, I have to say, a pretty major negative.

Until I hear more from players that have tried the game and *liked it* -- and I haven't heard much, in truth -- I'll be staying well away from DO.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 11:08PM mysecretid said

@Tom in VA

Bigpoint is a red flag for me too, Tom. Until I see some sort of spontaneous real-player commentary on how great Bigpoint game X is, I tend to stay away from everything they do.

I just don't trust the company, I guess.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 4:13AM (Unverified) said

@Tom in VA
It's okay for what it is. Plays like your typical Diablo clone, but with MMO stuff. PVP's broken - You can join an arena match by yourself. They haven't fixed that as far I know. It's a Java applet, so runs in the browser. Full screen performance is abysmal. Game's story nothing to write home about. I'm not even sure what the major crisis is.

What's weird is you can farm the cash shop currency. It drops in small amounts and rarely, but it's there.

Technically the game hasn't officially launched yet (open beta).

I personally wouldn't invest money in the game as stands, but it's a nice diversion if you're waiting for some OTHER online action RPG to come out.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 7:04AM smartstep said

Another "takeknown IP and make broser cash grab game out of it?" Bigpoint game?

No thanks, but really no.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 8:01AM (Unverified) said

Well it's just the name. It has nothing to do with the story behind the original Drakensang. The vast highly detailed world of the pen & paper rpg "The Dark Eye" is not behind this.

Posted: Dec 13th 2011 9:38AM KureAc said

I didn't have any performance issues running the game in full screen and following the story line wasn't hard if u bothered to wait to read it, the dungeons were quite nicely designed and open with the boss fights being enjoyable.
Overall as a browser game it had an element of style to it and the introduction/short tutorial was very encouraging if your playing the wizard in this game it forces you to use a variety of spells rather then a set type, cause instead of dipping into a single mana pool you dip into elemental mana pools.
the few issues I had with these game were sometimes there weren't enough of one mob type even if you were alone on a quest, and although the skill advancement was there in a varied effects it provided it to you in a way that made you the same as everyone else,

I played the game maybe 1-2 months ago and well I didn't see many updates or many developer comments as it stands as still a beta I might go back to it,

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014