Posted: Dec 11th 2011 4:46PM ClassicCrime said

are there girl toons in this game? o_O or is it only guys?

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 5:20PM ClassicCrime said

@ClassicCrime
oh nvm i got it lol. this game is so cute ;o

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 4:55PM insilentionocti said

Quite honestly, some of those old games were really great games. I remember my mother, my cousin and I taking 4 days to play the NES game The Magic of Shaharazad non-stop. Seriously, one of us would always be awake and playing, while one or both of the others were sleeping.

And oh it was fun. Really really fun.

But those days are long gone, and good riddance. Enough is enough. I'm glad we're finally moving beyond that style and I don't understand the obsession with graphics like that.

I do, however, miss the days when it actually took time, effort, and work to get something accomplished.

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 5:29PM Bhagpuss said

I'd go further than insentionocti. I didn't like 8-bit graphics the first time round and although I played a lot of 8-bit games the games generally got in the way of the fun I imagined I was going to have when my imagination was doing the graphics on the way home from the games store.

I don't want to watch movies on the black&white 14" portable I used as a student. I don't want to listen to music on my cassette walkman. I don't want to play video games that look like they were made in 1985.

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 5:31PM Bhagpuss said

I do really like 1985 by Bowling for Soup though :P

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 5:50PM Seffrid said

• 1 heart
"I'll take a guess and say that in a year's time the game will have more features and an even bigger playerbase."

I wonder how many of them will be over 8 years old?

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 9:47PM (Unverified) said

@Seffrid
Um... Maybe mostly all of them. A lot of older people who remember the 8-bit days of gaming with fondness get nostalgia fever for this kind of stuff. Hell, I even find the graphics to be quaintly nostalgic, and I am a child of the 90's, not the 80's.

But then again, when you ask how many of *them* will be over 8 years old, are you talking about players or features? I initially took that to mean that most of the players would be kids, to which my gut reaction was akin to, "Pfft, kids these days! If it ain't got batteries, they don't wanna play with it, and if it ain't got them updated, state-o'-the-art fan-dangly 3D graphic thingies, they won't give it the time of day! Back in my day--", etc.

But now I'm curious, so please elaborate, 8-year-old graphics or 8-year-old playerbase?

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 10:19PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
*8-year old features (>.

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 11:31PM ed511df3 said

I'd just like to point out that when a game is described as having SNES style graphics, and actually has at least that many colors to support that claim, it falls under "16 bit game". Maybe a bit pedantic, but this is far superior than what an NES had to offer

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014