Posted: Dec 11th 2011 4:59PM h4ngedm4n said

"All F2P have no customer support for free players, so I really don't know what people are complaining about. "

@Khai mann
Sir, this is blatantly false. Perhaps you need to expand your horizons and realize that the F2P model is not as simple as what you imagine. Even companies with terrible service such as Nexon and Aeria do in fact offer customer service for all players. As MMOaddict has mentioned, Funcom provides customer service for all players of AoC. (I am not familiar enough with LOTRO to comment there). Many of the F2P games covered on this very website give customer service to their players.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 6:17AM Solude said

@(Unverified)
I went with option 1 after SF :p Not sure why they didn't continue on with EoF and RoK style expansions. Those are the best ones, no question.

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 10:13AM Jetflame3 said

Pay to Win.... This isn't "Free to play" It's just another version of a free trial, and another way for Sony to bank off of it's players.

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 10:46AM (Unverified) said

Sort of off-topic here but is SOE still actively working on Everquest Next?

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 2:14PM Saker said

@(Unverified) We can only pray!

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 4:34PM (Unverified) said

He claims other MMO's don't give support to F2P people but that is entirely UNTRUE

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 4:59PM Khai mann said

Fallen earth.

Customer Support - Online knowledge base
Global chat channel - No

LOTR

Customer Support - self service
Chat - limited

Sure.... there is a big difference there....

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 5:19PM MMOaddict said

@Khai mann

where is the chat limited in Lotro? If I can get a group together than the chat is FINE. Guess what. I can't get a group together in EQ2's current F2P chat limitations. Thereby negating even playing the game for free, you know MMO and all meaning playing with OTHER people. Same with gear limitations. NO F2P that I know of has that limitation. Funny how you didn't compare that one.

Quest content, class content, race content limitations, sure, that makes sense. Everything else though? No. Limited auction house is OK but don't make it completely locked. Like I said, they had a chance for me to buy their product but due to negligence and their straight up transparency with just trying to rake us over the coals to make money they have lost me as a loyal customer and positive critic of their games.

Swordsman launches today