Posted: Dec 9th 2011 5:36PM SnarlingWolf said

I won't lie, I found Puzzle Pirates pretty fun for a while. I didn't view it as even remotely close to an MMO though. It is fun in the same way that play Tetris Party vs 3 other people is fun.

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 12:26PM Killerham said

@SnarlingWolf

You might want to go re-examine. It's a full blown MMO, with quite possibly a much more sophisticated Guild/Alliance/World pvp aspect than many other MMO's. On top of that, it has sandbox aspects (Though not as many as they had at launch, care-bares whine a lot, lol) .

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 12:41PM StClair said

It was the game that got me into MMOs, most of which were (and still are) little more than the text MUDs I played back in college with a layer of eye-candy on top. YPP at least has some novel game mechanics and a theme besides Generic Fantasy.

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 7:17PM koolaroo said

Ugh I could go on and on about how this update will probally ruin the econimys of the severs or how some of the severs the are combining HATE each other or how this is probally all segas falt if I had to guess but I'll be nice and spare you... oh wait...

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 12:22PM Killerham said

@koolaroo

Isn't hate good? It will spark some LIFE into this game that I love so much! I don't know how anybody can be opposed to this, the population has been terrible for the past three years! It takes time to just load a sloop! Dont even mention the "economy" there are not enough people for a real economy. There is NO economy because of the horrible server population. Nothing is really what it's worth. Once there are at least 1,000 - 2,000 online at a time constantly then it will be restored to it's previous self - like it was in 2004/2005 and the economy will level out like it should be.

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 12:58PM koolaroo said

@Killerham where as I agree that malicite could use some more life I just wish they had combined it with a slightly smaller server. I think a better way to do this is to have a vote on which sever is you main and what server you would most like it combined with.

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 5:22PM pegasiswolf said

@koolaroo

i think the choice of which oceans to merge was well thought out... if u look at the server status page.. it is obvious that the choice was made to ensure the 2 future servers will be similar in size.... which i agree is the fairest way to do it :)

Posted: Dec 11th 2011 10:52PM Killerham said

@pegasiswolf

It's amazing to see a smart decision come from Three Rings! lol

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 10:44PM pegasiswolf said

I think this will be alot of fun... more ppl to play with... i always thought it was silly to have so many oceans that are basically all the same thing... i can understand having a subscription ocean and a separate doubloon ocean.. but 6-7 doubloon oceans seemed silly to me... why make ppl decide where they want to play.... much better for all involved if all the players are available at the SAME time/place... to join pillages.. participate in blockades, etc etc.... and best of all.. visit with all our friends... :)

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 12:23PM Killerham said

@pegasiswolf
I always thought the same. That's why I have not been playing lately, because Midnight is a ghost server now.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 12:30PM StClair said

Probably too late, but... *shrug*

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM