Posted: Dec 9th 2011 9:50PM Khalus said

Every time I see an article on FFXI, which happens to be quite often of late...hrm, I get this urge to wanna return and I almost do, but sadly I just don't like what SE has done to Vana'diel with Abyssea.

Granted, I don't have to touch Abyssea, and all the previous, absolutely~amazing content from 1-75 is still intact, minus some of its difficulty, but thats no biggie. Its just that from what I hear from those still playing, its very difficult to progress outside of Abyssea, as once you get to lvl 30 which only takes about a day, and solo no less ~ you can then jump into Abyssea if you know the right ppl or just happen upon a PT needing an extra body ~ skipping everything else!

And its that skipping of everything else I have the most issue with, cause thats the best part IMHO. FFXI has always been about the journey, with incredible storylines to unlock and progress through, not to forget mentioning, the world is massive and has some truly unique and scary zones to explore.

I have considered returning and getting at least one job to lvl 95-99 and just go back and solo all the storyline content that nobody bothers to do or even help with anymore, but that kinda kills the entire point of playing an MMO... I really miss the camping of mobs, and crazy-bad pulls forcing everyone to run for the zone in terror, and the camping of rare NMs, but all of that seems to be gone now, because of Abyssea.

Damn you SE, and your ignorance in attempting to streamline FFXI into more of a western styled themepark....le sigh

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 12:21AM Chiren said

@Khalus

I had my last hurrah with FFXI about 6-7 months ago. That said - actually the story components are much more accessible now. The overall difficulty went down when the level cap increased, and the level 30 cap was lifted from the promyvions. Because of level sync, and the higher level cap in general - you can get through the majority of the story components without a full 6 man party.

Ifs up to you if you want to return to FFXI - if you're able to get a group to do the stories with then its worth it I think. If you're only stuck with people who want to do abyssea - yeah... might as well try something else.

The Windurst Arc of Wings of the Goddess is super awesome btw... you could always just catch some of the cutscenes on youtube as well, although its really not the same. :/

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 12:36AM Khalus said

@Chiren

Yeah, I've thought about just watching the storyline through videos. I've got them all on my PC, and have for nearly a yr now, but I keep holding myself back thinking I'll return to Vana'diel and {the way I prefer to see them} earn the right to watch them through actually playing and unlocking them.

Its been about a year and a half since I last played now, just before FFXIV launched, and that too is heavily on my mind, but I'd rather wait until 2.0 to return to that one.

Anyway, I may sometime next year, but I'm currently wrapped up in SC2, with a little Skyrim on the side, plus I'm considering SW:TOR next week, and oddly enough I'm especially excited for GW2, even though I never played the first one. And then early next year is Diablo III, and Mass Effect 3, and Kingdoms of Amalur to name a few.

FFXI is such a major time sink, even when having a char at max and walking through the storyline. My max atm is a PLD at lvl 77, but if I were to return and attempt to solo/duo the past storylines, I'd rather level up my BLU which is only at 61 I think where I left off.

I think I was also working through San d'Oria's past storyline and the early parts of WotG, cause there was a set of tanking gear I wanted for my PLD that required being part of Sandy, but I've always much rather preferred Windurst. Since I don't need that gear anymore, being that tanks are kinda pointless now, I'd prolly return to Windy should I return...

So much I want to do, so little time as I get older... {maybe if I cut SW:TOR...hrm}

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 11:51PM Tizmah said

@lsly82 Can't you go spam a more popular site, like IGN?

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 5:42PM Tyrang said

I like that artwork!

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 7:17PM Graill440 said

Scene descriptor:

A wintery scene in which a suprise visit is made by one friend........
*Knock knock*
Girl in blanket (Megan): "Sec..one sec!" Opens door.... "Hello?" Ohhh...mg, Crystal, what are you doing here?"
Girl in santa suit (Crystal): "Hi megs! Thought i would drop some presents by, how ya been? can i come in, its cold out here"
Megan: Umm, i think i may have a cold (fake cough, cough) better just drop those off, i really need to sleep...."
Crystal: "Oh, ok i hope you feel better.......WTH! Frosty?! is that you! You said you were going bowling with the guys, you bastard! Crystal....you bitch!

Merry MMO Christmas everyone.

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 10:47PM Tyrang said

@Graill440 It seems to me that the person in Santa Suit is a guy....

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 11:53PM Graill440 said

@Tyrang

Omg...then it is even more awkward, a guy with a name similar to champange getting that upset.....the mind boggles.

First Impressions: LEGO Minifigures Online