Posted: Dec 8th 2011 8:09PM Graill440 said

I cannot stand this guy. His personality is wrong and his contempt for gamers in general...you know the type, they play the game on camera but off camera they make jokes about people that play games. Without proper proof i fully believe this guy is like that, the vibe is just.....bad.

Now, Olivia munn......she really gave a squat about gamers, anyone that answers the door with oscar meyer weiners around their neck has to be totally truthfull all the time.......

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 8:35PM EuchridEucrow said

@Graill440

It's G4. Every host there seems to sprayed with a sheen of obnoxiousness. They go on almost as if they are embarrassed about having to make a living off of gaming related shows and therefore pile on a smarmy, denigrating "humor" aimed at relating to gamers and gaming while simultaneously pissing in their faces.

At least that is the overall impression I got from the limited time I tried to give G4 a chance when I noticed it for the first time cycling through cable channels a few years back.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 10:53PM Keeop said

@Graill440 I've gotta upvote you there. He's as entertaining as jokes about arrows to the knee. It's as if he goes out of his way to make you want to punch him in the throat. With that said I keep coming back for his Pee-Wee Herman-meets-Chris Elliot mindless babble so I suppose he wins. Little turd. I need to set some standards.

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 12:49AM Borick said

Cut the poor guy some slack. He reports on a niche within a niche. Can you imagine a job with less opportunity for advancement and professional respect than MMO journalism?

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 4:16AM Graill440 said

@Graill440

Well i see by the downvoting alot of folks like Casey and do not like Olivia, thats sad, she was by far more talented before moving on to better things. Casey still sucks.

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 4:28AM BGExorcist said

@Graill440
Someone beat me to it. This guys script is awfull, he is awfull aswell.

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 12:45AM Azules said

The guy literally has no charisma, at all.

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 11:00AM (Unverified) said

@Azules ya i duno,it seems to be his style.or gbtvs style that theyre making him do.ive noticed they seem to have an overly jokey type atmosphere.even when no jokes are needed,or wanted.

attack of the show is overly jokey,the other show ive seen with morgan web where this mmo report comes from is less jokey.mayb they think they need this crap.
this is like that arrow to the knee crap,just not needed and not really funny sooo why bother?

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 1:45PM Space Cobra said

Casey Schreiner is not my brand of sassafras tea, but I'll step up for him, in a lite-mannered-way.

From what little I've deduced solely through reading on this site, he is a contributing writer to "Attack of the Show". His mannerisms bespeaks a typical category/brand of fan that talks this way. He doesn't seem to mean his jabs, but they come from an old brand of humor (like Milton Berle). He gets read wrong and that's sorta the meaning of the schtick.

As to Olivia Munn, can't see her acting as any better. She always seemed so "fake", so some of the comments here, I kinda shake my head and hope you never meet a girl who bats her eyelashes at you and then uses and discards you for her own personal reasons, which is what Ms. Munn's modus-operandi seems to be; G4 was certainly a stepping stone for her.

I "get" his humor, but I think I know what ticked most of you off (okay, *besides* "everything"). Well, what made me wince was his saying the Swedish name and I think that got most of you; it's disrespectful. I'll give points he has a limited staff and no peer-review, since he seems to be the sole writer of the show, but while he has this "uppity" nature, if you see some of the previous programs, he does seem to enjoy the work (or at least travelling, to Blizz-con and GW2 studios).

Granted, he could sell his own persona/"package" better and I keep thinking he got his crooked nose because someone punched him in the snoot for a snarky, ill-thought comment he made in the past, he ain't "too bad".

Of course, he probably never visits Massively, so he won't even get these comments.

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 2:41PM Brianna Royce said

@Space Cobra You know what, SC, I tend to agree with you. I've been doing MMO Report writeups for a while now and he mostly makes lame jokes, but I find him amusing. He doesn't strike me as one of those self-hating anti-gamers. He's just cheesing it up and poking fun at some of the more extremist stuff in MMOdom.

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 6:56PM jacomdad said

Much like television, if you don't like the guy don't watch. If anything this is more true on the internet since there are more options available.

I personally think he is a good host and he is actually 100% legit nerd so chill on that.

As to Olivia Munn, I hated her on AotS and was so glad to see her leave. She just comes across as a complete air-head.

Although in all honesty Massively has become something of a hate-train as of late, so go ahead and flame away on him...

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 2:10PM (Unverified) said

LMAO love it! "Proving that nerds will flock to anything with a Star Wars or Bioware Logo on the box"

And thus explains the future of this game, people will play it just to be able to make a sith lord or jedi and the other classes will be rare or often forgotten alts played by altoholics.

If in six months time they don't put out material i see a internet outcrying coming because we all know that for the first couple of weeks hardcore gamers, who don't eat or sleep during events, will have played through and beaten the game and the age old tactic used by every Sub only mmo out there of trying to delay players getting to the max level will eventually become bored with the game.

Thus the reason why i will be ignoring SWTOR and going with a game who's devs actually DESERVE my cash, GW2. Yes folks in an mmo world where dev's often use their ip to gain players and who do nothing else to improve the mmo experience except of course adding voice overs, GW2 is the way to go. You see, the devs of GW2 actually care about EVERY aspect of the mmo experience, and have been making changes to their game to make it more fun, have more perks, and give the player the best gaming experience they can. It's called innovation, and mmo's have needed innovation for a long time.

So while WoW and SWTOR players are playing the whole "my game is better" argument the players of GW2 will be happily playing their game and enjoying all the things that both of those games should have been but never were and never will be.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM