Posted: Dec 8th 2011 8:18AM smartstep said

I actually cannot find mmorpg for me.

Those that are on the market currently:
- most of them use very themeparkisch design + is about running instances through LFG systems and while I played those kind for long time I am tiered and bored of them and don't want to play mmorpg like that again.
- alot use f2p or freemium business models and while I played few of them for quite a bit I learned that cash shops and whole design of a game around store and connection between RL money and game - ruin game experience for me so I avoid those.
- other type of games are either very old games that underwent changes against it's initial design messing them up or are very underfinanced and underdeveloped indie games

So no there are no mmorpg's I would play more if I had more time.

Besides I am type of man who stick to one, max two games at a time, but is loyal and long-term consumer.

Currently not playing anything and waiting for:
- ArcheAge - for long-term mmorpg
- Guild Wars 2 - out of curiosity for B2P model and curiosity for bit altered themepark model

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 10:57AM SnarlingWolf said

@smartstep

Similar to what I was going to say.

I've got the time... they just aren't making any good MMOs. My money goes unspent, but savings are a good thing to have.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 4:06PM myr said

@smartstep

Similar here too...
I've tried most games on the market, and although there's some okay matches, still nothing's been able to hold my interest for more than a few months at a time, in the past 2-3 years.

Of all of them, I think FFXI was able to hold my attention for two years straight in one go. Then WoW for about 6 months. After that it's been about two months max, and I get bored of whatever I'm playing... Aion might have lasted for 3-4.

But like the OP I greatly dislike the F2P model - usually turns me off within a month of trying those. Already burned myself out on SWTOR during its beta, and Rift just before I was invited to that. So I'm at the bottom of the MMO barrel again...

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 8:39AM twenty1 said

Wish i had the time to play Rift. I gave it a decent crack when it came out then my mates stopped playing and i kinda lost interest, through no fault of the game really, just my lack of time and effort to find new people to play with.

With GW2 and SWTOR coming up it's going to be very interesting how i manage my game time :S

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 8:49AM shmegger said

@twenty1
+1 Rift
With swtor coming up, I doubt I'll ever get to it.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 9:15AM Gaugamela said

@twenty1

Rift as well... Nowadays I don't have time even for one game... :(
I hope things get better in the future though.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 8:40AM alzeer said

aion & GW1

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 8:46AM (Unverified) said

All the games!

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 10:05AM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

Pretty much this for me. I can be focused, but sooner or later, I want variety. It doesn't help I still have console games to play. Still have many online and offline games I need to touch.

I have been going at some new games and returning to old, but once SWTOR gets launched, that will eat up a fair chunk of my time for at least awhile. Then hopefully, I can go back to rationing and nibbling again.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 11:49AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) I second this!

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 12:25PM Irem said

@(Unverified)
Came here to say this.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 9:01AM Mikkhail said

Rift ... Fallen Earth ... Lotro ... Really have never had the time for more than one game at a time ... And I barely have time for that one game ...

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 9:04AM MMOaddict said

Guild Wars 1. But it's not time that is my issue. It's lack of friends in GW. I just don't know anyone there and trying to do a lot of stuff solo in GW isn't very fun.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 9:22AM Tanek said

@MMOaddict Maybe you just need the right guild/alliance to join. Things seem to be slowing a bit for the holiday season, but you are welcome to check out Massively Overpowered [MVOP] and see if you want to join us. Forum: http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=221

For me, I wish I had time to play many more games. Fallen Earth is one, EQ2, RIFT...but I also know if I had more time to play I'd burn myself out on them, so maybe it is better this way for now. :)

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 9:47AM Misterlee said

@MMOaddict
I finished all three campaigns and the expansion of Guild Wars pretty much entirely solo and I had a great time. A couple of the missions are hard to solo and you will likely need another player or two especially for the 'end boss' missions but it should be fairly easy to get a group with everyone jumping on to get their HoM unlocks these days.

MMOs take up most of my time so what I don't have time for are Arkham City, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Deus Ex, Infamous 2, Space Marine 40K, Ico, Shadow of the Colosus, Demon's Souls.... I've still got Assassins Creed TWO that I haven't started yet....

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 9:22AM KvanCetre said

Eve. It always struck me as a game I may enjoy if I had the free time.
I've tried the trial twice and it just doesn't stick, though.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 10:15AM Grumms said

EVE. I appreciate that game so much, just feel like I don't have time to learn it and such.

Respect given.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 11:49AM PiRunner said

@Grumms
I second. I could have tryed to master EVE's learning curve, or i could try to pass my classes, but certaintly not both

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 10:21AM Leandra said

LotRO. And Rift. I loved both of those games, but as is always the case with me, there are too many MMOs and not enough time. I'm sure I'll feel the same way about The Secret World when it comes out too.

I've actually had time to play LotRO for the last month and really enjoyed it (when I'm not preoccupied with Skyrim anyway), and picked up a three month sub -- but we'll see how much time I actually get to spend in it once TOR is released...

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 10:48AM (Unverified) said

Rift, LotRO, and Istaria for me. I'll be moving over to SWtoR when it releases because it's been awhile since my husband and I had an mmo to play together, and I want to play with him.

I have too many subs at the moment, and something's gotta go, so it will likely be my Rift sub, though I do hope to come back and play. If for the wonderful artifact system if nothing else. Or maybe if they introduce housing.

LotRO is lovely, and I love to explore the lands, but I just don't seem to level well in that game.

Istaria when I played it had an amazing community, and the crafting was unbelievable (in a very good way), but I just don't have time for it. D:

Right now Glitch is taking up all my time during the calm before the SWtoR storm, despite the fact that I have two other current active AAA mmo subscriptions. But dammit, that game makes me happy. :)