Posted: Dec 7th 2011 5:56PM Miffy said

• Half a heart
lol they didn't mention that in the pre order description, such a bad way of doing it. I bet people who pre ordered late will get like a day early. Frigging all this does is split friends up so they cannot play together if some people have gotten in earlier than others.

Retarded just like EAs customer service and the whole 5 security questions where you get asked one every time you login. Or how if you get banned from EA forums for saying a word like balls it locks you out of all the games on your account.

Sorry but the game being mediocre in beta hadn't put me off enough, EA have for sure.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 6:31PM Beltyra said

@Miffy ZAMG THREE WHOLE WORK DAYS DIFFERENT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Friendships will be lost! Think of all the loot that you wont be able to get! OH NOES!!!!

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 6:34PM sortius said

@Beltyra Some people just get on the net to complain about some of the most minor things. I think the GP's post should be filed under #firstworldproblems.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 6:37PM Buhallin said

@Miffy How are you wrong? Let me count the ways...

1. They did mention that. Everyone has known from the moment they announced early access that it would be phased. Well, everyone who bothered to read, anyway.
2. It only splits up players who let themselves be split up. If an extra day of playing on an alt is too much pain for your only friend to bear, then you need to find a new friend.
3. "All it does" is let them ramp up the population slowly, and prevent a million people from slamming the starting area all at the same time. Separating you from your (only) impatient friend is, I'm sure, just a bonus for Bioware.
4. The security questions are only asked the first time from a new computer. Not every time you log in.

So that makes pretty much... well, every single point you made wrong. On the good side, you left out that the forums will only allow posting by players with active accounts, so you won't have to worry about EA banning you from the game you're not playing.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 8:11PM Scuffles said

@Buhallin

"5. If you should happen to get banned from the forums, it doesn't affect your TOR account."

..... yeah .... in fairness I seem to recall EA saying forum banns wouldn't effect the CUSTOMER(s) ability to access their games at all .... and yet it does, So I'll believe your 5th point when I see it.

I do agree that this is a half decent way to ramp the servers up.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 8:15PM aurickle said

@Miffy
It doesn't necessarily split friends up. For all we know at this point, they'll start with low level caps on each server on the 13th. On the 14th as they let more people in they could also raise the caps proportionally on all servers, repeating each day after that.

Doing it this way would not only allow friends coming to the party later to join up with their luckier pals, it would also ensure a more even population distribution across the servers all the way up to launch.

Of course, they might not do it that way, in which case you'd be right. But complaining now before the facts are known one way or the other is just sour grapes.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 8:51PM Eamil said

• 1 heart
@Scuffles

Yeah, given that people have been locked out of their entire Origin libraries over swearing on the EA forums, and on at least one occasion for quoting someone else swearing, I'm rather suspicious of the way TOR will be handling this. I won't be posting on their forums right out the gate, that's for sure.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 9:04PM TheClaw said

@Eamil : "I won't be posting on their forums right out the gate, that's for sure. "

Have you considered posting on their forums in the manner of an adult with a civilized tongue in their head? That should keep you pretty safe from the banstick.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 9:27PM Eamil said

• Half a heart
@TheClaw

"and on at least one occasion for quoting someone else swearing"

I'd rather not get hit with the banstick for something someone else said. Thanks anyway, though.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 9:29PM Lucidus said

@Scuffles It's not about ramping the servers up, they seemed to hold up well during the stress tests. Bioware needs to get people started on the levelling tracks in staggered amounts so the quest bottlenecking is at a minimum.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 9:46PM myr said

• Half a heart
@Buhallin
1.They might have mentioned it on their own convoluted site, but on my retailer's preorder page it was listed nowhere at all.
2. The entire point of early access is to get in early. If you can't play with your friend/spouse/whatever that also preordered, might as well not have a preorder headstart at all.
3. Dunno if you tested the game or not, but there's going to be issues no matter how much they split up their playerbase.
4. I've been asked the security questions several times on one machine, maybe because I have a dynamic IP like 90% of the world, I dunno.
5. Sure hope so.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 11:43PM Tovrin said

@Beltyra Don't be such an arse. Three days!? Lets see. Even with the FASTED SHIPPING, my CE is being delivers on the 29th.

Why Bioware/EA are not allowing Amazon to ship before the 21st to international customers, I have NO freaking idea.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 2:46PM mrgabrielserna said

@Eamil but BW has stated many many many times that Origin is not needed to play so I fail to see how Origin banning a person for being a moron in Battlefeild3 or another EA game that REQUIRES Origin effecting SW:TOR and if you were somehow banned from the SW:tor forums there are thousands of forums to go and get SW:TOR info, it isn't like a ban would break the game

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 4:57PM Eamil said

• 1 heart
@Scuffles

Why the heck did that post get downvoted? This is actually happening. People have lost access to their entire Origin libraries over forum suspensions/bans.... or suspensions that turn into permabans with no explanation.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 4:58PM Eamil said

@mrgabrielserna

TOR doesn't require Origin, but because of the way EA is handling Origin, I can't take their word for it that a forum ban on Bioware's TOR forum won't also ban you from the game.

Posted: Dec 9th 2011 4:38PM Valkenr said

@Beltyra
Actually, 3 days makes a huge difference. TOR has little to no effort put into questing together, and every few hours you are moved on to a higher area.

If you want to quest with friends you are forced to go to the lowest player and catch everyone up to the highest player, giving low rewards for the highest player.

Posted: Dec 10th 2011 3:50PM illutian said

@mrgabrielserna However, your EA Login information is the same for your TOR Login. Therefore, if your EA Account is banned (aka Locked); your TOR account would also be locked

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 5:57PM (Unverified) said

From the site: "Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!"

I pre-ordered for my husband and I the moment it was released, but didn't enter the preorder code until a couple days ago when it reminded me. I'm going to go sob into my Cheerios now. :(

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 6:02PM Wafflecopter said

@(Unverified) ouch.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 7:02PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

Well, you will get *some* form of early access, we hope. At least a day...maybe two. Who knows, you might even luck out and get 3-4 days?

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM