Posted: Dec 6th 2011 9:41AM rockman0 said

Didn't they confirm Ghost Recon Online was coming to the Wii U?

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 9:51AM Felnor said

Not sure how the Wii-U will do. I heard Nintendo stock not doing so hot after it's announcement. Nintendo really needs to step up the game and get 3rd Parties excited to bring good games to it. If they don't I have a feeling that the Big N will go Software like Sega.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 11:17AM SnarlingWolf said

• 1 heart
@Felnor

Wii U is going to do horribly bad. Being a major game company and sinking money into making a "AAA MMO" on the Wii U is the same as flushing money down the toilet.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 9:55AM Space Cobra said

I remember hearing some rumors that Nintendo was interested in an MMO; a few folks speculated it would be Pokemon, but that was quickly shot down.

I forget all the details. I could google, but it is getting busy at work atm.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 10:03AM Ehra said

@Space Cobra

Isn't the next Dragon Quest supposed to be a MMO but not?

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 11:48AM Raikulxox said

@Ehra It's a game more like Vindictus/Guild wars. Not sure if that's done by Nintendo or out of house.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 1:40PM Space Cobra said

@Ehra

*That's* the game I heard: "Dragon Quest Next". An MMORPG, but not really an MMO.

@Raikulxox

I suspect they'll have more offerings for MMOs out there and this may be one of them, given that it is Ubisoft doing it and not Square-Enix.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 2:46PM DevilSei said

@Ehra

Its being billed as an "Online" game, and by online, I mean you have to play it online just to play through the story. Which, for Japan at least, means people will be stuck paying a monthly online fee JUST to go through the story even as a single player.
And considering the rather... weak online system the Wii has, and the completely unproven and lax Wii-U online, I'm not expecting the online experience of "Dragon Quest" to be good, much less Ubisoft and its MMO for this (god I hope they aren't).

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 10:34AM (Unverified) said

Considering their "love" for PC gamers, I wouldn't doubt that it'd be for a console. At least there's going to be another console MMO, nice to see something for console players.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:40PM Seffrid said

I don't touch consoles and I don't touch Ubisoft - so that's a double pass for me!

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 2:49PM Wisdomandlore said

I think it's funny how people always underestimate Nintendo. People thought the company was dead after the 64 and the Gamecube, that the DS was going to be a flash in the pan, that the Wii was a gimmick. More recently, people were calling the 3DS a flop. Now it's set to outsell the DS by the end of the year. It's way too early to make a call on the WiiU.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 1:53AM Shadowstorm said

@Wisdomandlore The Wii literally printed money for Nintendo. To date it's got some 90 million units sold world wide. 90 MILLION! 3rd party developers are salivating in buckets over the opportunity to make software for the successor to the single most successful console in history. Full HD capability, nintendo's name, and the controller that allows for asymmetric gameplay. What more could they possibly want?