Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:04PM Nasq said

• 1 heart
Like anyone at Trion pvp's =\

They don't even have a small FFA area like the arena in Stranglethorn in wow for Group v Group. If even one person within the Rift dev team was interested in pvp, they would have something similar.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:56PM (Unverified) said

@Nasq

Are you on a pve or a pvp server?

I found stillmoor was a constant gankfest on the pvp server I was on, especially in the camp shared by the two sides. I found the pve server eerily peaceful in comparison, with guardians tanking a rift while defiants DPS'd and vice versa.

~V

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:59PM aurickle said

@Nasq
Because FFA PvP is the only form of PvP there is. Right.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 1:01PM Nasq said

@aurickle Of course not, but if you're interested in pvp at all, especially in a team-based game, you'd understand the merits of a small FFA (group v group) area.

Organizing in-game 3v3/5v5 tournaments is one of the major ones. Not being able to do save faction group v group is a major fail.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 2:06PM avaloner said

@Nasq
Realy? the biggist world PVP battles I have ever been in happen in RIFT. 100 plus people fighting it out while also fighting a zone invasion boss. The PVP dailes can get failry epic to if you on a decent server. You never see anything like it in WOW or many other themepark MMOs anymore.

I am glad Trion is puting a bit more focus on PVP as I know many PVPers are upset that little attention seems to have been paid to them. I just hope they still let us have cross faction communication cause thats one of the things I love about RIFT.

Nothing beats killing a Defiant and then having them rage at you and you being able to understand what their saying, unlike WOW:P

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:17PM (Unverified) said

I think they need to worry about the fing bots running wild on the servers first, then work on making the game more enjoyable.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:38PM Irem said

Bleh. :/ Players will always have a reason to PvP, and lorewise, people on opposite sides will always find reasons to kill each other. Attempts to "heat up" an already forced faction rivalry usually result in one or both sides needing to look like warmongering idiots, and removes all complexity.

This is the problem I have with games that split players between two factions and write around it. Either everyone needs to be pigheaded and blind enough to never speak to each other, one side needs to be completely unsympathetic, or the plot has to bend around making otherwise reasonable people who are doing what reasonable people would do in their situation drop everything to go at each other's throats.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:43PM deluxe2000 said

After making the game so tame even though so many were excited about the possibility of open world PvP objectives before its release, this is too little way too late.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:59PM Nasq said

@deluxe2000 /agree

Unless they whip out full blown Guild v Guild territory control (or even Aions faction v action but guild owned system), I don't see myself ever returning.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 1:10PM deluxe2000 said

@Nasq

Now that I think about it,wasn't there a 50+page forum thread asking for RvR incentives about a year ago?

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 1:13PM deluxe2000 said

@fallwind
No - RPPVP - but ganking a la WoW is not what I would call incentivized PvP. Objectives to be taken, outposts to own, or some other world impacting item. There was a lot of misinterpretation of how much open world PvP objectives Rift offered before launch. Once it was launched, and the answer was clearly NONE, that initial group who wanted such things burned thru the PvE, messed around in the terribly designed BGs, and left.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 1:09PM sjet said

• Half a heart
meh, it's just sad to see them try so hard, yet fail...

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 2:24PM Oskari said

@sjet

Funny, I thought the same thing when I read your comment.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 2:15PM avaloner said

I love RIFT PVP. Unlike almost any other Themepark MMO of now a days RIFT has world PVP. I have been in battles of 100+ players fighting it out while fighting a zone invasion boss at the same time. Never saw anything like it in WOW.

I hope Trion is adding PVP objectives to fight over to help bring more world PVP to the game. THat would be awsome as I know alot of dishearteded PVPers who want this type of thing. THey should realy have done in in EMber isle but meh.

Wow could learn a thing or two from RIFT in regards to world PVP in a primarly PVE game. And yes i'm sure Rift could learn a thing or two from WOW eg Wintergrasp. But I guess WIntergrasp and its ilk a little more then same server battlegrounds.

Oh and LOL at the trion/RIFT haters. The game is still not dead even though you thought it would be by now.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 3:56PM (Unverified) said

@avaloner If you never saw that in WoW you probably didn't play at launch. Tarren Mill was a killing field that used to bring servers to their knees as hundreds of people would fight pushing the factions back to their outposts. This was before the honor system was ever introduced. It was a lot of fun.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 5:35PM Faction 3 said

@(Unverified)

I remember that like it was yesterday. Such a great &^*#ing game back then.

Or how 'bout when the Crossroads was attacked almost hourly? As fast as we'd clean up the surrounding land of Alliance, chase them into WC and such, another Boat full of them would be landing in Ratchet.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 2:16PM avaloner said

Dam my orgianal post did come up. Soz for a double post of almost the same message. Not sure if my comp is bugged or Massively was, my first post did not show up for several mins for some reason:( Oh well.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 2:51PM (Unverified) said

"Trion said that it's already deep into the planning stages of heating up the conflict between the game's two sides.."

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 4:39PM willard said

"Blizzard called, they want their press release about heating up the conflict between the factions back."

I thought the same thing while I rolled my eyes. Was hoping the next future direction announcement was going to be about us heading through the rifts to the planes.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 4:41PM TheClaw said

@(Unverified) : Is that a slam on Blizzard for never following through on these promises? Or Trion for copying them? Or more likely both, haha.