Posted: Dec 6th 2011 2:19PM (Unverified) said

This looks really fun, and no monthly fee, I'll pick this up.

Nice find and nicer article!

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 2:21PM DerpMchurson said

How exactly does a mmorts work? What happens to your forces/territory when you log off?

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 3:13PM Kalec said

I really need someone important (that I can trust) review this game ... but who would ?

I'm a student and I just don't have the money to buy a game I might end up not liking (though this sounds GOOD it's also a MMO RTS ... in theory those should not work) and well Skyrim ... Batman ... SW:TOR ... saving up money for GW2 ... you get the point.

Posted: Dec 7th 2011 9:52AM Kalec said

@(Unverified)

Unfortunately where I live skipping to drink a weekend and buy even a 30$ game is not what it should be or how it is in any other country. I met a group of 12 exchange students from different parts of Europe (mostly Nordic countries) and on impression among them was anonomous: How can we live here when food is so expensive and salaries are so low ?

Buying games here is a luxury I'm afraid; not to mention I'm a student living in a dorm on a tight budget, so I can't afford to buy OK games, only really good to great ones.

This sounds like above OK but not good enough.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 6:04PM asdfate said

The pricing is Canadian...

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 8:20PM JayDay said

"Dozens of quests?"

Kind of light on content. I guess that's not the objective.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 10:48PM theinternetman said

Quick overview of Dawn of Fantasy for those who don't know it:

- You can't be attacked while you're logged off
- You can't attack specific players (matchmaking is purely random)
- The humans do not have customizable kingdoms (But the orcs do, not sure about the elves)
- The actual unit control is very similar to Age of Empires II
- There are no territories, conquest, resource control, etc. It's just your online kingdom with a traditional online RTS matchmaking system.
- You can siege another player or be sieged while online but you don't lose all of your stuff even if you get completely blown up.

In all it's worth $20 if you have a buddy to play with and you're a big RTS fan looking for something slightly different from the norm but nowhere near revolutionary for the genre. Certainly better than AoE: Pay2Win Online

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 1:36PM Mogg said

@theinternetman

Random matchmaking? I don't understand. How does it work if my friend and I both have accounts? Is it a 2vs2 quick match or is this they type where we can create a kingdom near each other and attack other nearby places?

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 11:30PM Faction 3 said

While it does look pretty cool, I'll stick with Company of Heroes.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 1:28PM (Unverified) said

I'll try the MMORTS scene when we get a hardcore game that requires me to be defending my territories at the odd hours of the morning from suspected attackers.

And I want to be able to loose everything, damnit!

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 1:33PM Mogg said

@(Unverified)

You would like Evony then. I haven't played it in 2 years, but it's hardcore. My friend worked night shifts and would watch our accounts/territories while I did during the day. I remember the time I got a call at 3am that our rivals were invading me. I was able to move forces to my capital to fend them off :)

It was a fun game, but sucked up a lot of time, and required constant babysitting.

Posted: Dec 14th 2011 1:34PM Mogg said

@Mogg

It's not RTS , but otherwise fits what you're looking for.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 1:28PM (Unverified) said