Posted: Dec 5th 2011 5:09PM HokieKC said

Can't wait for this one. Sounds like they hired an awesome writer. The best part of Fallout New Vegas was the story.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 5:23PM theBeast said

"Don't look now, but there's another MMO jumping on the story bandwagon."

Is it just me, or does this imply that story is a bad thing?

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:24AM Dunraven said

@theBeast It is if you are a min/maxing basement dweller with a six per day hot pocket addiction.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 5:27PM Silverangel said

Those zombies look pretty bored in that pic. What do zombies do when they aren't feasting on human flesh? It's great to see the recognition that great characters sell games. And a rock-solid zombie story? Mark another down as intrigued.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 5:28PM jealouspirate said

I really like the fact that they're going for a "What would you do to survive?" angle with the story instead of just "let's kill zombies!"

The more I read the blog the more I like it. This guy really gets it. The true story isn't about zombies, it's about the messed up psychology of the human condition. It's about what being pushed to the brink reveals about ourselves. Most zombie games miss this entirely.

Now, whether an MMO is the appropriate setting for telling this is another matter. After so many companies trying to force their stories on us, Bioware being the biggest offender, I'm starting to forget why we're playing MMOs in the first place. How about you just give us the tools to tell our own story instead?

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 6:32PM Space Cobra said

I dunno. The excessive PR-nature...

Did I stumble into the TERA article again?

The timing of this statement makes my cat's eyes roll, and that is QUITE the feat! I would *hope* they've nailed down the story already by this time. :P

Oh, and stop rolling my cat's eyes! ;P

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 6:02AM Dread said

This is now confirmed as a Kiddy Konsole game isn't it?? So why do we give a shit anymore? Lets get back to real MMO's please.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:57PM HokieKC said

@Dread - No indication whatsoever this is a 'kiddie' game.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 10:05AM Space Cobra said

You know, off-topic, I could never get into Zombies as "real".

Too many logic loopholes to fit that would require walls of text to explain.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:58PM HokieKC said

@Space Cobra - Zombies are basically caused by either some sort of virus or something supernatural. The virus outbreak stories are a lot more believable.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 9:47PM Space Cobra said

@HokieKC

Given the Virus in South America that affects ants in the Amazon and takes over their motor reflexes, yeah. I will give you that.

But then, that sorta makes the folks in the TV/movies who fight them dumb. I know, guns are more exciting, but it's kinda an impractical weapon for the undead. Shooting limbs off may be fine, but you got to keep tabs on those so they don't crawl up to you.

I would think an axe or a shovel would be best, chop them up. Of course, have to worry about the virus. So, then you go to other methods, like bulldozing them (or just ramming them with cars). Also, fire would work well. Burn them to a crisp. No muscles to in limbs to use. Probably even burn/kill the Virus.

Heck, dynamite would be funny, but very messy.

Why I Play: ArcheAge