Posted: Dec 5th 2011 5:59PM Nottom said

@Nibbana

The entire point of the post that this article is referring to is to clarify the client install situation.

Maybe you should just click on the link and read it for yourself rather than wait for Justin to answer your question.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 6:09PM Space Cobra said

Yeah, I've been keeping my post-Nov. 25th game up-to-date and downloaded a new patch last night.

It even had some interesting patch notes. Seems like the "Legacy System" will still be in at Launch time as-is.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 6:09PM (Unverified) said

Eh, I already uninstalled... There will be pre-live game assets updates anyway (with an unknown size) plus I don't have a problem re-downloading everything since Verizon FiOS luckily doesn't have any monthly caps.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 6:27PM hereafter said

Ah good. Yeah, the forums were due for a revamp. I wonder if we keep our usernames or if they'll switch to a system where you post as your character like with WoW and other games' forums.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 6:35PM Space Cobra said

@hereafter

That's a good question.

I can only imagine we probably will keep our original forum names. That is, if they want to promote some community and remembering people you traded messages with on the Beta forums.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 6:48PM Thoraxes said

Well, the message in my inbox said:

Thank you for your participation in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program. In preparation for the game's official release, if you are receiving this email, you must uninstall the game-testing client before installing the launch game client.

I was in the Thanksgiving beta and a beta in October.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 7:33PM wilus84 said

@Thoraxes

Yeah when you get a email like that you would be like oh yeah well better uninstall. Also when the hell are they going to charge us for the game. I mean dang we have ten days left before early access and so far I've only paid 5 dollars. Stupid Origin wish they had just fully charged me for the game.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 7:39PM JonBuck said

@Thoraxes If you had started with the Nov. 25 weekend Beta you wouldn't have to uninstall.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 7:14PM JanChel said

Still no word on the actual game shipments and grace period. What good is early access when you get locked out after the 5 days because your preorder shipment still hasn't arrived and you haven't entered your game key.

It's the holidays too so shipping is gonna be a cluster-f***. I already feel that Bioware/EA is pulling a bit of word-play/scam here with the preorder now and "may play 5 days early" bit and a bunch of other questionable marketing moves. Their servers might be stable and ready for launch but I just hope they won't be remembered as the company that pulled the "MMO Scam of 2011."

I'm a little wary so my finger is itching to hit the abort button. Definitely gonna be keeping an eye out for this new information later in the week. Schnell, schnell!

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 8:58PM chauncy said

@JanChel I got word on shipping from my retailer. They're shipping to me on Friday, so it should be here in time for the 15th easily. Dunno about your retailer though, maybe call them and ask.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 6:54PM JanChel said

@chauncy

Too much hassle. I think I'll just cancel and try my luck hunting for a copy at launch. Not really in any hurry to play, but it would suck to have to be locked out after I started playing because I was waiting for my copy in the mail.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 7:29PM eyeball2452 said

Meh. Yeah, I'm a hater. Come on, logging into the SWTOR website had a queue.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 7:40PM DerpMchurson said

Am I reading this wrong? Are they not going to open the login server so that people can download the client for the pre-launch until the actual pre-launch day?

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 8:21PM Thoraxes said

Ah yes. My old client was sitll in there with the new one totaling 40GB.

I think i'll just re-install anyways. Thanks for the replies guys (for some reason the regular reply system isn't working for me.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 8:52PM stephen09181981 said

well at least the forums are gonna get locked to people who pre-order on saturday

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 8:52PM stephen09181981 said

@stephen09181981 err i mean only people who pre-order can post on the forums starting saturday then when the game launchs require active sub to post

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 10:15PM (Unverified) said

I've pre-ordered on 7/222/2011, about a day after. I hope I get in at least on Day 2.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 9:30AM Aang said

I could have sworn they had said if you pre ordered the CE you got a 6 day head start and if you ordered the DD you got 3 days. Or did I totally miss read that?

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 9:44AM Lafajet said

@Aang

I don't recall reading anything like that from an official source, I've always operated on the info that you will get in based on when you entered your code. If you heard that it was probably outside speculation on it.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 9:49AM Felnor said

I pre-ordered that morning, maybe 30-45 minutes after it started, thank goodness for good friends to wake me up.