Posted: Dec 5th 2011 3:07PM Arkanaloth said

ran FOW about a month ago for my Obsidian set, found the place to be pretty simple, heck down-right farmable.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 4:03PM (Unverified) said

@Arkanaloth Yeah, it's one of the only places I successfully solo'd. But good God, there are some tricky parts that might make you die (the forest with the megaton of linked mobs is one). Just read up on it before entering and you should be good to go.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 4:43PM Irem said

Oh nice, thank you, Rubi! :D I'm looking forward to trying the elite areas soon and this is encouraging.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 7:11PM Naru now in 3D said

Awesome! This place sounds do-able. Now that I've powered through all the campaigns and War in Kryta, maybe I'll head there next.

I tried doing Urgoz's Warren with 7 heroes recently and after hours and hours of reptitive trial-and-error luring and wiping, I haven't logged in since :(

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 9:53AM Lewa said

@Naru now in 3D
#1 Doesn't Urgoz's Warren have more people than 8?
#2 You should do Hearts of the North and Winds of Change too.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 10:55AM Teknogrebo said

@Lewa Yeah, Urgoz and The Deep both need 12 people, not 8, so taking a 7 hero party only might be very tricky indeed.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 7:30PM Faction 3 said

Im still kinda wondering when this 2011 Beta for GW2 is coming...its already the 5th.

They have about 3 weeks left to meet that deadline.

Oh, and where the Mesmer at!?!?

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 10:00PM (Unverified) said

@Faction 3 The CLOSED, private, "not able to be entered by most people" beta is this year...which means that you'll probably not actually see an announcement for when it's starting - it may well already be running.

No dates have been given yet for the OPEN beta that everyone (including me!) is waiting to sign up for. That's always been "to be determined based on the feedback of the closed beta".

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 10:56PM loshon said

It should be noted that as long as you don't take the quest, Rastigan the Eternal will not move until any of the Shadow Rangers at the tower take damage. You can kill the abyssals and aggro anything you want, but he will stay put until a Ranger begins to take damage.

Also of note is that nearing towards the entrance to the beach by the Tower of Courage will cause massive influx of Shadow patrols from the beach.

The Griffons will run towards anyone who has walked near their spawn points when they spawn, but if no one has touched their spawns with their aggro bubble, they will stay still.

Also, griffons will ignore enemies and follow you even when being attacked provided you're calling targets and are out of longbow range.

Just figured I'd throw that in there. :)

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 12:25AM Jeromai said

Yeah, I visited for the first time some months ago and cleared Fissure of Woe with a 7 hero team in 2-3 tries. Very doable. Found it quite fun. Just needs a bunch of free time and to be very methodical and not so impatient.

Underworld coverage next please! I wiped at the 5th or 6th reaper some time ago, wept for the hours lost, and haven't found the urge to go back again. Need a pep talk.

Surprisingly, some bits of DoA I found more tolerable and doable than that map. Maybe because they were short and bite-sized, if challenging.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 1:30PM Vandal said

"Rastigan does like to run in yelling his head off and start aggroing"

What vital GW1 NPC doesn't act like an idiot running around and aggroing every mob in sight? I wish I could laugh about that but the hideous AI is one of the things that really kept me from ever enjoying GW1's gameplay along with:

"- take your time, pull carefully, and never, ever, ever rush in just because an area looks clear."

Regretfully this will be the main thing I will always remember about GW1 gameplay. The waiting. This is particularly annoying when you have limited gameplay time and you have to sit there and watch two mob groups walk together. Then turn around. Then walk back. Then
turn around again. Then finally separate so you can finally pull one of the groups. Then doing the same thing over again and again.

I am looking forward to GW2 and I love the art design and story of GW1 but the gameplay of GW1 too often feels like pulling teeth. I really hope GW2 does not have any of that in its gameplay.

Posted: Dec 6th 2011 5:02PM CoffeeMug said

Good ol' Rasti. The guy is resilient.

FoW is my favorite of the bunch, too. Without fail, some minute failure or bad pull is the end of every UW clear group I've ever run with, but when it comes to FoW, I've knocked it out of the park a number of times. It's well-designed and genuinely enjoyable.

And this post covers the three biggest hangups about it , so, nicely done.