Posted: Dec 4th 2011 8:10AM Feathers said

Gonna have to mention WoW here, sorry :p Zulian tiger is still the greatest land mount I've seen. And for flying mounts I personally like the Netherwing drakes, though they're not to everybody's taste. I liked them well enough to have done the grind twice!

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 8:16AM (Unverified) said

Going to mention WoW as well. Getting on the boat to Darnassus as a Horde player was probably the coolest ride I've ever had. Especially when i was too low to survive the guards. A lot of stealth was involved.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 8:26AM chuckasucka said

@(Unverified) I used to LOOOOOOOOOVE stealthing into the capital cities.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 8:19AM Cassius81 said

Mimiron's head is still my favorite. I've no intention of ever going back to WOW though so it will sit there collecting dust as it has for the last couple of years.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 8:23AM Caspa said

Gonna have to mention WoW also, it's not my fault all the other mmo's don't live up to my expectations :(
The one I like to show off is my Twilight Drake as it's probably the hardest to acquire out of all my mounts.
The one I actually think is the best looking is my Onyx Netherwing Drake (I have now done the grind on 4 different characters I like it so much!)
Favorite Ground mount on my mains is probably the mighty Felsteed as I did it way back in Vanilla when it was expensive and time consuming to get. I usually show off my Baron mount though as it's more "impressive" to other players.
I would literally KILL to own a Black Quiraji Battle Tank! IMO the coolest looking mount of all the difficult to acquire mounts.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 8:37AM (Unverified) said

Galaxy hotdropping in Planetside.

Never been anything like it since.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 10:42AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
absolutely. Galaxy dropping >all

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 11:42AM donweel said

@(Unverified)
Love your avatar wish I had thought of it.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 12:30PM Yukon Sam said

@(Unverified) I'll vote for that. That is crazy fun, for a certain value of "fun".

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 8:41AM Dumac said

Going to have to go with WoW too, I love the Deeprun tram. I wish the whole world was connected with the tram. I think what makes it great is you don't actually lose control over your character, you can move around the carriage. I can't remember what happens if you fall off...

As far as mounts go, the Magus' daemonic disc from WAR is the most awesome. The Magus can never leave his flying disc.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 9:07AM (Unverified) said

@Dumac

I'd choose The Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff airship, for the same reasons you gave for the tram.

As for mounts, my horse in Fallen Earth. Dismounting from a horse and seeing it still in the world was probably the first thing that sold me on that game.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 9:10AM FrostPaw said

@Dumac

If you jump or fall off the tram you simply have to run the rest of the way..not sure if the tram can kill you on the return journey. I loved the tram too, and the airships. The ability to travel while moving about the vehicle using your avatar was pretty cool even if was relatively featureless.

There was a captins Cabin on the airship you could sit in and be oblivious to the fact you were moving about the world.

I have always thought crafting stations should be on giant moving vehicles that move about the world, instead of static benches and huts. Imagine being in an airship with a glass bottom crafting as it floats across the world or on a giant land train with carriages of workstations moving between cities and undersea tunnels.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 9:10AM Dumac said

@(Unverified)
I forgot to mention the absence of a loading screen, it's a smooth uninterrupted ride on the tram.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 9:16AM Irem said

@FrostPaw
Nah, the tram can't kill you. We used to sneak into Stormwind for kicks by traveling along the bottom of the track. I remember going through there once on my rogue, and I'd just stealth every time the tram went over me and run when it was past. Made me feel like a total spy.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 11:35AM randomepicperson said

@Dumac if you fall off, you have to walk it :L
I hate WoW, but I'd have to agree. And I like the lift up to Thunder Bluff.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 8:47AM KureAc said

hot dropping from a hover tank as vanu out of a galaxy in a hotzone
meeting heavy grounds fire as your entire platoon drops

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 9:01AM (Unverified) said

Erebus in EVE

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 9:01AM (Unverified) said

Erebus in EVE

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 9:01AM DatNoll said

Can't remember which game it was but to get around to places, you could be shot there by a human cannon. Possibly Cloud Nine from netgame

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 5:21PM ClassicCrime said

@DatNoll
yes thats cloudnine. it was funny and everything to watch, but ultimately it kinda sucked. there was no instant teleportation in that game, you had to watch a pointless video of your toon flying through the air every time you wanted to go somewhere. even just porting from town to town was the same, you'd see your toon jump on a plane and fly to it lol, the animation took like 20 seconds

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014