Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 12:30PM Cassius81 said

It was all probably a little long for me but I am looking forward to revenge on the falcon clan at some point. I liked that you had to accept there was no way you could win the fight and so you just limped away. Story like this is what makes LOTRO great and SWTOR has large boots to fill to keep LOTRO fans subbed.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 12:40PM quoththeraven said

Sniff. I never noticed the item that lets you go out in the world when you're a prisoner. My bags were full, and I agonized over what to throw out every time I got a new piece of prison outfit.

I agree that this story line was very well done. I got a bit tired of running back and forth in Isengard, but at least as a hunter your speed buff stacks with the killing-the-surly-orcs speed buff.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 12:53PM randomepicperson said

@quoththeraven what? there is no item. If you meant this, then you should probably read over it again:
"An imaginative compromise came in the form of an inventory item called Reminder of Captivity, which gave me the ability to return to prison at any time and informed me that anything I might experience on the outside is nothing more than a fanciful dream. Cool, huh?"

Anyway, a neat write up on exactly why I play LOTRO, and why it will always make you come back for more.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 2:11PM Lenn said

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 3:36PM randomepicperson said

@Lenn what?!?! why did no-one tell me before?! Rage.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 12:57PM ElfLove said

*sigh* I'd love to play this game....really...but for some reason it hates windows XP, and my sound card.

Seriously, the last time I installed the game it made huge changes to my system that I had to roll back to get rid of. It was nuts. Not to mention how the mere presence of my soundcard (sound blaster X-fi) caused the game to fatally bug out.

I want to play this great game but....arrrrgh!! >_<

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 2:42PM JaySpeed said

@ElfLove 2011 says hello. 2012 is knocking on the door. Perhaps it's time to upgrade from Windows XP. =P

Also there are new beta drivers for the X-Fi that doesn't cause LOTRO to crash anymore. I'm not sure if there are XP drivers but the Windows 7 drivers work fine. I have hardware sound again with no crashing to desktop.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 1:25PM Yarg2011 said

I really liked the prison outfit, there are people in my guild who hate it. But it looks good on my champ.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 1:33PM stephen09181981 said

• Half a heart
this game sucks and i can think of several different companies better at story telling that turbine they suck at it

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 2:44PM JaySpeed said

@stephen09181981 LOTRO has the best story in an MMO. There are better games out there with story but they are single player games. TOR might have a good story but it hasn't launched yet.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 5:36PM stephen09181981 said

• Half a heart
@JaySpeed tell me when LOTRO has voice acting in most or all of its quests thats why i enjoyed the SWTOR story so much the voice acting cut scenes

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 6:28PM Lenn said

@stephen09181981 Yes, it's clear reading might be hard for you.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 6:28PM JaySpeed said

@stephen09181981 LOTRO launched almost 5 years ago. SWTOR hasn't launched yet. Fair comparison there! No MMO is fully voice acted yet. It wouldn't be fair to compare an MMO that launches in 2016 to SWTOR. As time advances, games evolve. I'm sure in the future more MMO's will be voice acted.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 6:45PM stephen09181981 said

• 1 heart
@Lenn come back to me when LOTRO has some real end game content to not just 1 dragon raid with no new instances times up for me its been over 2 months and still nothing

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 6:49PM Lenn said

@stephen09181981 Come back to me when you've mastered the art of punctuation.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 8:13PM stephen09181981 said

@Lenn well you didn't deny at least

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 9:12PM JaySpeed said

@stephen09181981 You realize these LOTRO articles lately have been about Update 5, right? It's supposedly coming out sometime in December. Seems like you're moving on to SWTOR so I guess you won't be around when the new instance cluster launches for LOTRO. I didn't level to end game in TOR beta cause I didn't like the game but I hope it has enough end game instances for you to enjoy. The good thing about MMO's is, there's lots of them running so you can always try a new one if you aren't happy with the one you play.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 11:13PM Nerves said

@stephen09181981

Nice. Change the subject when someone comes up with a cutting rebuttal. When you're wrong you should just admit it or walk away. In any case, story acting and lotr > star wars any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 12:41AM stephen09181981 said

@Nerves not my problem people can't except the fact that lotro has no endgame and its the truth launch with no new instances was a big mistake why a lot of people refuse to vote ROI expansion of the year more like worst expansion of the year

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM