Posted: Dec 4th 2011 2:30PM JC Freeman said

I normally do not read MMO novels but I made an exception for SWTOR. The lore behind The Old Republic era established by KOTOR and SWTOR are absolutely fantastic. To be completely honest, I think I actually enjoy the Old Republic storylines more than the timeline of the movies themselves.

The new Revan novel does an excellent job of telling the story of everything that happened after KOTOR. The story eventually ties all the loose ends and brings the reader right up to the timeline of the SWTOR MMO. I highly recommend the novel if you are big fan of KOTOR, even if you don't end up playing the SWTOR MMO.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 10:30PM Stanimir said

I've read all the TOR books, and I was impressed with them. Fatal Alliance is more like what the game presents to the player - as the player is a humble player in the galaxy's wars yet important. Decieved and Revan both delve into the high and mighty machinations of the time. I would have to say Decieved was my favorite - at least the parts involving Darth Malgus - I like what they did with his character. The thing books do for me is get me exited to play - and I imagine thats what they are for.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 10:31PM Stanimir said

Additionally, "The Empyrean Age" Was surprisingly good out of CCP and Eve. I always loved the lore of that game - and the book, being rather length, didn't make me bored at any point. I would recommend it.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 10:32PM Stanimir said

And to address other people's posts, I would -never- go into a game book expecting Hemmingway. It is what amounts to 30s "Pulp Fiction." It is 100% for fun.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 2:57PM shmegger said

I started Fatal Alliance recently, and I'm suspicious I'm not the only one. It was $8 on the Kindle, even though it is out in paperback (also priced $8).

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 4:19PM Avernus said

I don't normally, but I did read the EVE novels. They were written very well.

Posted: Dec 8th 2011 1:42AM OutThere said

No. Unless you're talking about the ones they are based on which I might have read before there was a game based on them, or, indeed MMOs, or actually even computers. Like Lord of the Rings. Otherwise. No.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014