Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 10:37AM (Unverified) said

GA is a good game. I go back to it often between games for something to do. In my opinion, this is one of the only titles doing F2P right.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 10:56AM (Unverified) said

MIKE HYWK, Chief Resident of McSHIZZLETON PINES RETIREMENT HOME, wants YOU fighting out on the Firing Lines!

Can you pass the TEST?!

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 11:30AM SnarlingWolf said

I tried this game shortly after launch and leveled up quite a bit. It didn't do anything for me and I am a person who loves shooters and loves multiplayer.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 1:55PM Borick said

This is one of my favorite games. The PVE content is well-balanced from casual scrub to PVP min-max killer.

There are pick-up raids once every 90 minutes and more difficult raids for those who want to stack a team.

The PVE instances handle solo play as well as team-play, and the North Sonoran zone has daily quests that work with pick-up groups of up to 8 players.

The population has fallen off a bit recently due to Skyrim, but I still haven't had any trouble finding groups. This game really deserves more attention, in my opinion.,

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 7:20PM Jef Reahard said

@Borick

Agreed.

I try to stay objective on here but I do admit to being a huge GA fanboy. Everything about the game is enjoyable imho, and I can't say that about very many MMOs.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 5:53AM (Unverified) said

It's a decent game. But you left out the part about PvE content essentially ending around level 20. As a basically pvp-only game after that, it's middle of the road. And waiting around for 20 minutes just to get a match is... well not good.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 12:25PM Borick said

@(Unverified) They've added an expansion since then.

The PVE questing content now goes up to about level 30 with five or so open PVE dailies after that.

You still have PVE content up to max level (Solo and group) through the mission board, plus two tiers of PVE raiding every hour. You can experience the game from 1 to 50 without ever seeing the inside of a PVP match.

Also note that your power doesn't scale so much with levels in Global Agenda. A level 30 agent has the same stats as a level 50 agent, but hasn't opened up all of their gear options yet.

Posted: Dec 12th 2011 12:19PM Degenatron said

I enjoy GA quite a bit. My favorite aspect of the game is the PvE content. While the missions can get a bit repetative, they hold their fun especially in the high-level missions and a good team.

The PvP matches were always just "Meh" to me. They weren't BAD, but they weren't especially good either. It just felt like TF2 modded with a "spacemen" theme. I kept expecting my medic to yell "Get on zee point, dummkopfs!"

Hi-Rez did an excellent job of balancing out the classes and matches and the only thing that would really bring you down is the competency level of your team.

I still enjoy the raids most of all. They really get people talking in the vox and working together - much like the way Left 4 Dead made people communicate with one another or fail miserably.

If I had only one mojor complaint, it's that Hi-Rez promised massive open worlds with more than just a few players instanced in them, but then turned around and said "Oops, that's impossible! We're going to make Tribes now." It pointed to Hi-Rez's lack of long term planning for the title, and felt to many like they were abandoning the title shortly after release (which isn't true - they have continued to produce large amounts of content - just nothing that would support what I call "Massive" gameplay - yea, I'm one of THOSE guys.) Tribes looks good, and I hope they do well with it. I only hope they look farhter down the road than they did with Global Agenda.

One other nit-picky complaint about Global Agenda is that it didn't feel very GLOBAL. There was an oportunity to really stretch their legs in the level design department built right into the name, but they never strayed away from the 3 main environments: Desert, Ice, Future City. Maybe someday they will have Domes in different parts of the world with totally different enviroments surrounding them and missions to go with them...but I'm not holding my breathe.

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM