Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 6:25PM Mad Dog said

Massivley have no clue

This is more rubbish they have been feeding us for years now.

The update on the blog is nothing new.

EU server is dead and there been major lag issues for over a week now. Seems they have drawn a line in the sand and forgot about DF1.

They must be the best company and updating us with the same stuff for over a year....................

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 6:28PM Mad Dog said

LOL wipe, this has been around for MONTHSSSSSSS
MONTHS and they still dont no. Because they don't tell us now one plays now...

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 6:47PM MMOaddict said

so in other words, today's blog update was a stall tactic. Same as the last few updates. Me thinks this game might be dead in the water. If only it wasn't full loot pvp and had a pve game that was a blast.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 8:19PM HiroProtagonist7 said

It seems obvious to me. If there wasn't going to be a full wipe, there would need to be an 'integration' team right at the tippy top of their "the remaining work is broken down... and supported with a clear timeframe... so at this point we know exactly when we're done with the development." plan

Keeping the players waiting is too damaging to PR if they already know that there ISN'T going to be a wipe. Existing players would level as much as possible under the known systems in order to be ahead in DF2.

If they already know there will be a full wipe, keeping the players waiting is still damaging to PR, but less damaging to the bottom line compared to people un-subbing and waiting for DF2. It would be disastrous to development funding if people unsubbed and waited because they knew what they're doing right now is pointless in the the face of the new game.

My crystal ball sez: There will be a full wipe, but you'll get gift boxes full of Loyalty/ Veteran rewards.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 8:45PM Rialle said

It seems they are being colossally stupid about how to address this. According to Flambouras:

"We’ve already spoken about some of the major ways Darkfall 2.0 is different than Darkfall and that it is in fact a new game."

Based on this, it would seem better to call it "Darkfall II." Since it is an entirely new game, why not sell it as a sequel? That way:

- More people might be accepting of a "wipe" if you treat it like a sequel.

- New players will see it as a new game, rather than expansion or update, and are more willing to try it out.

Regardless, from my own personal perspective, I don't care what they call it but given what appears to be an increased focus on PvE and non-combat sandbox features, I'd love to see a PvE server. As much as I respect how some people enjoy the hard core nature of the game, I think the FFA PvP with full looting turns off most players.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 11:04PM DancingCow said

@Rialle

Personally I've no problem with the current setup, but I've always thought the same. A lot of the community back when I did play seemed to be there just for the really good sandbox elements which you couldn't find anywhere else.

Offering different rulesets on separate servers could seriously broaden the game's appeal.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 1:07AM xBludx said

The TLDR version of the Darkfall "update" should be:

1 Due to non-disclosure agreements with prospective business partners, we have not been able to communicate at all with the community for several weeks.

2 We will have more information on DF2 (which we haven't already told you and recycled several times) later this month and next month.

3 We still don't know if there will be a wipe or not. And it doesn't matter anyway, though we can't tell you why or how it couldn't possibly matter).

END of update

People get flamingly dramatic about this game because it could be so f**king great except for the extremely unprofessional way Aventurine have managed it and their PR. I have to question any prospective business partners who could even take Aventurine seriously, given their totally unprofessional way of running their business (i.e., this game).

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 5:46AM (Unverified) said

@xBludx Ya, I remember when this game came out. Wait... no I don't. I remember being excited for this game then I remember checking up on it one day to find out it was released over six months earlier. This game could have been great. Frankly, I believe the mmo market is too competitive for such an unknown game to be saved by a relaunch. It might have a chance if the relaunched game was amazing and delivered on everything promised. This company has hardly delivered on anything promised, ever. I don't have high expectations of Darkfall 2.0.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 7:24PM Utakata said

@xBludx

I remember all the ban hammers that where issued to players who where overly critical of the Aventurine's way of handling things at the start. I always thought then as I do now, it never a good idea to open a new store then throw out half your customers because they looked at the products wrong. But in fairness, Aventurine hasn't really gone on any purges like that since then...as far as I am aware. But it does show even now their understanding of professionalism will likely drive their customers away.

On another note, I'm not sure why they need a second version of DF when their isn't any real problems to the first one as I understand - reviews here have been mostly positive. So it's sandbox, it's free-for-all, it works. What is the issue?

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 5:49AM (Unverified) said

i'd actually play again, if they'd whipe.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 8:21AM (Unverified) said

yeah ive always been interested in the gameplay of Df but it looks like garbage

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 10:58AM (Unverified) said

Darkfall is dying, and Darkfall 2 is just promises.

Posted: Dec 4th 2011 2:14AM Janitor said

I say whipe. Sorry but I'm down for it and will sub to check it out.