Posted: Dec 1st 2011 11:06AM Grumms said

If only I was Korean.

I want to play this game so bad. Live streams of CBT3 got me way too excited.

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 11:40AM aurickle said

I have never been a fan of sandboxes for the simple reason that they claim to give you unlimited choice but in actuality only give a few systems with which to do anything.

ArcheAge seems to be changing that. If anything converts me to the sandbox realm I suspect it will be this! Whenever it finally manages to make the jump to English, anyway. :)

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 12:57PM fallwind said

@aurickle I just hope they don't ruin it by it turning into a ffa gank-fest.

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 1:28PM (Unverified) said

@fallwind It's a good one how if you did even the slightest amount of research into the game, you would know that it isn't FFA.

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 1:31PM fallwind said

@(Unverified) cause things never change?

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 11:40AM Saker said

More!, More!, Need More!!!

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 11:47AM smartstep said

Looks great! :D

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 12:34PM Lombardus said

*drool*

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 12:36PM Lombardus said

@ThePeon25

I think they're just trying to get the game right, Peon. You can't rush art. :)

Take your time and get it right. Most of us will be waiting. :)

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 1:06PM ThePeon25 said

@Lombardus Sure get the game right but stop teasing me >.< but also if it take to much time I may forget about the game.

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 1:53PM Space Cobra said

Hope that means we have some graphic/custom options for ship's sails! ;)

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 2:35PM mysecretid said

I'm very interested in this as well, but as I've said before: I hope they get a decent English-language localization.

I'm not expecting Bioware-level quality when it comes to character and story, only that the English version of the game make a certain fundamental sense in English.

If you've played a few JRPG games where the dialogue was just so WTF?, you know what I'm referencing.

Games where maybe you knew what they were /trying/ to say, but the english translation was just so jumbled, so hashed into near-nonsense, it was like trying to crack a coded message.

Also, really bad voice acting -- if there is any -- can also hurt an otherwise immersive game (I'm looking at you, Witcher series).

These are my concerns, anyway.

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 8:37PM Tyrang said

@mysecretid

They just need good translators who don't just translate thing directly (then obviously a lot of stuff will sound weird), but also try to put them together in a way that they will make sense in English.

Yes that will mean more budget, but hell, what else does publishing company do anyways beside publishing and making money off cashshop.

Talking about cashshop, what model does the game use?

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 10:51AM (Unverified) said

How much of this can I actually do in game? Can I really get in the crows nest, launch a rowboat, row the boat, bring my horse on the boat, carry something glowing on my back?

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 11:47AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) Yes, you can climb the mast into the crows nest and launch a rowboat. I think you can also row the boat, but I'm not 100% sure at the moment. You can get your horse onto the boat, but it's not really worth it. Just send it away and whistle it back up when you get off the boat. You can carry all kinds of stuff on your back, including weapons.