Posted: Nov 29th 2011 3:47PM Space Cobra said

Just got to repeat it hear, because it's the old "what is seen can't be unseen" about SW:TOR, but...

"All hail the orange pixel dot below your chat area!"

(Was really heard to notice on Orangey Korriban!)

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 3:48PM Space Cobra said

@Space Cobra

hear=here

Sheesh! edit!

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 7:36PM (Unverified) said

@Space Cobra

I kept reading about that on the forums but luckily would forget to look when I logged on. Hoping it gets fixed before I remember and can't look away hehe. My wife did something similar last week. Her- "Hey, do you hear that annoying noise?" Me- "No, what noise?" Me- "Oh. Thanks a lot."

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 5:11PM (Unverified) said

Were you able to get in some beta time Rubi? I know that the patcher had some really long downloads for those of us without top end internet speeds.

I too am looking forward to the perfect marriage between themepark and sandbox MMO's so aptly named sandpark. I'll make sure to use that term from now on when to describe such a mishmash of features.

On holiday events in an MMO, I think I'd rather see holidays originating from in-game lore that aren't a cheap tie-in to real life holidays. Come up with a unique story for a holiday that has its own traditions that make sense in the game's world. Imagine all the creative features that could be cooked up when you aren't restraining yourself to an existing idea.

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 6:15PM (Unverified) said

I checked out the Mythos Global closed beta last night. I'm going to postpone final judgment until the game actually launches, but here's a few tidbits.

1. Launches through a website. I'm actually fine with this when it's unobtrusive, but I had to use IE to launch the game.
2. Poor, awkward translation.
3. No explanation of many of the game's mechanics and systems. The tutorial felt lazy.

Still is an action rpg.

Also, they're down at the moment for server optimization. In a 4 day closed beta...

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 4:56AM ZMacGirthy said

I need to get this off my chest, so thank you for the permission. I hate holiday content. It absolutely makes my skin crawl. Partially for the reason that Larry stated, I would rather the dev's spend that time working on the actual game.

But mainly its because during every major holiday, I am bombarded with the same schmaltzy crap at every turn IRL. The last thing I want is to log in to my chosen world, one in which the Judeo-Christian winter celebration is typically not canon, and be confronted with a ten foot "Winter Celebration Tree," decorated with tiny orcs and surrounded by presents.

I'm really not a Grinch, I love Christmas, I just want my little corner of the internet to provide me with a much needed respite from the madness.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 12:25AM Vazzaroth said

I wish every episode was this long!

SWTOR presented me with a strange feeling this last beta weekend... I started up the Massively podcast to run in the background, and I found myself angry at all the NPCs for talking at me so much! Yet I still wanted to hear the story... I ended up having to decide which I wanted to do: Play or listen...

On another note, SWTOR's voice acting is annoying me because I read way quicker than they talk... I find myself skipping the last half of just about every quest. Does anyone else run into that problem?

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 12:51PM Urban Monkey said

Wow, have to say that Massively went from the "I have nothing else to listen while commuting" podcast to one of my top 5 podcasts.

Good job Justin and Larry. I even warmed up to Rubi who apparently was being dragged down by Shawn. She is much more interesting and opinionated. Nothing personal, I am sure Shawn is a nice person and good at many things, but podcasting is not one of them.

Keep up the good work guys and gals!

And remember, podcasting is entertainment :)