Posted: Nov 30th 2011 5:54AM Feydakin said

Bobby Kotick talks trash about a rival companies product? Shocker... This is nothing but nerd-rage bait. He's clearly not happy with WoW's numbers and the stock falling. I have nothing nice to say about the guy so rather than stoop i think I'll just move along.

Posted: Nov 30th 2011 3:00PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) : sounds like you just made the "magic patch" prediction that the retail product will be significantly different to the beta. Really, I don't know why devs spend years making games, when they could just do it all in the last two weeks!

Posted: Dec 1st 2011 7:30PM ReadingRambo said

Bobby will eat his words when SWTOR is profitable for at least the next 10 years. Look how long SWG was profitable and that game was awful. Now its true that SWTOR is probably more expensive (a lot more) but as long as an MMO can build a solid base (even if not large) it stands to gain money in the long term. An MMO is not a short term investment.

His questions are borderline stupid. EA stands to make a profit and control a very, very powerful IP.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 10:37AM Celtar said

EA and Activision both have shit reputations over the long term in this industry. Just because Kotick is a prick doesn't mean the message doesn't have some merit.

I love how many of you attack (shoot the messenger) because you don't like him, and ignore the valid speculation of the message.

Before you all leap all over my ass, take a solid look at what he said. His reasons for saying it are not pure I am sure of that, but it doesn't mean that the message doesnt have merit.

Oh and before you fanatics go ape shit on my post and down grade it, please note I am not a hater of the game and I do have the pre-order collectors edition paid for. I just believe in digesting all potential info, pro "or" con on a subject. ;p

Lucas Arts does take a serious chunk out of any profit margin, that is a fact. The long term effect on a subscription based model could be one that does ruin the long term viability of this product for the producers. Hope not personally, but it could also could effect development of improvements and expansions as well. These are indeed points worth pondering instead of slamming the message Kotick brought to the table. Slam him all you want, I'm all for it. :)

Posted: Dec 2nd 2011 8:19PM Valkesh said

God damn that man maintains the most punchable face in the industry...

Posted: Dec 3rd 2011 10:50AM (Unverified) said

It is absurd that SWTOR want print money for both EA and LA. I own a gamestore and lan center in Los Angeles and currently have three WoW accounts for myself and my son. My family and every customer in my store has preordered SWTOR and played in Beta. We all plan on playing current WoW content through and suspending our accounts to concentrate on the fresh leveling and PvP experiences in SWTOR. That's a ton of gamers switching over right down the street from Mr. Kotick's office. I see the spending habits of gamers for more than 70 hours a week for over three years now and they are overwhelmingly pointed towards SWTOR in the same fashion that most console gamers flock to COD.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 12:59AM Orbawyn said

I have tried most mmo's so am not new to the genre . I was interested but a little doubtful when I first saw the game being announced, but now that I have played 4 characters in beta to level 10, I have become so intrigued by the story of each of them that I plan to go back after leveling my first character and play through every class on both sides. All of characters stories were different in both plot and pacing. Each companion has their own stories and each character has 5 companions. That's a lot of great game play.

I admit I am a Bioware fan having played both Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Now Ill be playing these kind of story driven RPGs with my friends.

I don't think some people understand just how big this game will be. The forums are full of people lamenting the fact that they did not get in to the last beta weekend and counting the days until it's released.

Posted: Dec 5th 2011 4:36AM (Unverified) said

if he didn't see it as a threat its name wouldn't have passed his lips