Posted: Nov 29th 2011 10:11AM Unshra said

Bah EvE is behind the curve, reforging is so last year it's all about transmogrifications now.... oh wait...

Seriously though, the new ships look nice and omfg trails are back, but it's too bad walking in stations was abandoned though I feel that I'm in the minority when it comes to those who were looking forward to it.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 10:20AM Moonaura said

@Unshra I think it's great they are fixing the core game, but Incarna was to little, too soon. I hope and believe now though, that they will finish Incarna as it was always intended, but at a much slower rate. It will be done eventually, but I'd happily wait another two years for it to be right, than have the spaceships part so badly neglected during that period. I like this new direction from CCP a lot.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 10:31AM ScottishViking said

So damn excited. The devil's in the details, and there's LOTS Of details here. But I also like that they're going ahead with graphical improvements and other progressive ideas in trying to keep the game current. I think that Incarna is still a black spot on their record -- looking back, it's fair to say it was half-baked. Still, here's hoping they'll keep it active and maybe in a year we'll see a proper full, immersive station environment.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 10:41AM Moonaura said

@ScottishViking A little detail, is they fixed the bug where cloaked ships de-cloaked each other. This is how it used to be, and it has now returned. Bombs away!

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 10:43AM ScottishViking said

@Moonaura

Ooh, I missed that one. Makes perfect sense though.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 10:42AM Calfis said

I don't know about you guys but I've experienced frequent CCP.exe crashes since incarna, I hope crucible fixes that as well.

Lost a couple of ships to that bull.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 11:19AM rsrupert said

@ Unshra The walking in-stations should be done in time for the Dust expansion. Hopefully anyways /o\

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 11:23AM (Unverified) said

Just in time for my return to space.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 11:39AM syberghost said

Forges a new game? One could almost call this a New Game Experience then. Hey, with the time dilation, it's also a Combat Upgrade.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 11:59AM mmark said

@syberghost
See the patch notes, Time Dilation is delayed until some time after the Crucible release.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 12:59PM SWHITE said

I like it, great update, many small things that make the game smoother.

Graphics overall, contrails, shadows, space itself, warp and jump button, so many little things that will go unnoticed quickly as they just fit in so much better... appreciated!

While many complain about CQ, even me with its current limitations, I do want the space station part of the game too! Incarna CQ was only looking at my ugly mug, just a waste of bandwidth.

CQ should be, common lounges to meet other players and form friends and enemies, see the other local corps as they group in areas, whatever..and some station benefits likes windows to see who's orbiting.. great for low/null sec station campers too :)

Great job CCP and dont forget to do some CQ so long as its ppl talking to ppl and not just looking at myself.

Now 2 biggies CCP Grey did not deliver on was smallholdings, ie, cheap/ limited POS's, and a path to opening up Null space.

Anyways, great job!

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 1:25PM (Unverified) said

Expanding Factional Warfare, 0.0 Industry, Planetary Interaction and Starbase Modules would definitely be next on the list for improvements.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 1:59PM Dalano said

The new nebulae are made of win.

The new font, however, is god-awful.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 2:23PM ndessell said

@Dalano blame the blinds and there insentient need need to be equal in reading. In my grand daddies day they got left in the woods.

/wtb more cool exaggerated fonts

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 4:09PM wizyy said

This lovely screenshot made me think how awesome would be if we had a spaceship simulator (or just a space shooter) with as little graphical interface as possible, but also in 3D.
I have a feeling it would quite possibly be an "epic" gaming experience.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 7:16PM EdmundDante said

Super liking this update. They did a lot of things right. Perhaps the one negative is there is no major expansion in new game play other than perhaps the ability to fight over the custom offices - which ought to be rather interesting.

Visuals markedly improved - both star fields and ships. 4 new badass ships! updates on modules. Finally sizeable font. And a slew of much asked for fixes on ship attributes that might make Gallente more flyable etc.

Good work CCP. Look forward to Crucible Part II...

Posted: Nov 30th 2011 3:46AM (Unverified) said

A loot all option =(

This could seriously damage the plight of ninjas

Although IMO ninjaing is getting less and less lucrative as time goes on

looks like we are going to have to think of new ways to get our Lulz=P

Posted: Nov 30th 2011 10:34AM Calfis said

@(Unverified)

Lulz need not be lucrative