Posted: Nov 28th 2011 4:04PM BigAndShiny said

Your welcome, enjoy your time in Aion :)

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 4:04PM jimr9999us said

I predict 2012 to be the year of Aion...It's weird to say the #2 sub-based mmog is a well kept secret, but there you go.

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 5:31PM BigAndShiny said

@jimr9999us
This. Aion has enough features to keep it separate from the ton of AAA MMOs that will be massacred by TSW/TOR/GW2/TERA

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 6:19PM Zyrusticae said

@jimr9999us

I have to agree.

Aion really has a lot going for it, despite the problems (most of which are derived from the fact that the Korean devs don't give a naff about us), and with 3.0's release, well, it speaks for itself, I think.

I did drop it for a bit while busying myself with Skyrim and Saints Row - The Third, but that's not a fault of Aion, they're just two ridiculously good games. My return to Aion is pretty much inevitable.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 5:49AM Alex Oglitchkin said

@jimr9999us Too many big hitters to get Aion to #2 sub game. But I guess you are counting outside the US/EU where it matters most since you probably play there. Aion still lacks advertising and when they had what little advertising they had it was during the dark times of bots galore, griefers galore, awful abyss fort fights. Granted the game has improved in every area it still lacks what many people strive for..... Endgame content.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 7:46AM Lorell said

@Zyrusticae "There were far too many times while playing the TOR beta that I was thinking to myself, "Well... would I rather be playing this or Aion?"

I found myself thinking during SWTOR beta that "wtf why space bar is not working and my chars isn't gliding" or "soo far to run why can't I shot this distance by gliding" :P

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 12:29PM Naru now in 3D said

@Lorell That's right, the wings are another great thing Aion has that I wish all other MMOs had in one form or another.

It doesn't always have to look like Aion's wings; other MMOs just need a function that improves traveling and walking without being as restrictive as mounts.

Walking can be one of the most repetitive, unexciting things in an MMO, and it was really an underrated, subtle miracle that they managed to add a layer of fun and player control to it.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 12:47PM Boardwalker said

@Lorell

Yep, I had the same experience. Besides the whole gliding thing, I just found the graphics and "feel" of Aion to be considerably better than SWTOR. Granted, SWTOR is still in beta, and Aion is better than even established MMOs in those regards, but it's hard to step down from the polish of Aion in another game.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 12:19PM Naru now in 3D said

Aion's aesthetics and character customization really raised the bar for MMOs and are still unparalleled.

(Maybe GW2 and some of the new Korean MMOs will rise to Aion's level of greatness in these areas, but I don't think they will surpass Aion's customization and design standards by much, which is amazing considering how "old" Aion is.)

I'm also thankful for Aion's wonderful musical score. Great music in games is really important to me, and Aion did a great job.

Even though I don't play Aion any more, there are plenty of reasons I'm thankful to have experienced it.

Posted: Nov 30th 2011 8:30AM Lorell said

I'm thankful that Aion gave me fun and thankful while playing it to this day :)

MMO Week in Review: ArcheAge has arrived

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: Has the industry revamp worked?

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 6:00PM