Posted: Nov 28th 2011 3:55PM fallwind said

@(Unverified) well, if you want 100% of everything, and don't mind paying $40 a month, you could always buy out the cash shop every time they add something new.

You get your "100% of everything for an absurd cost" sub, and I get my "$15 a month and I can still afford food this month". Everyone wins.

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 9:16PM Amlin said

@(Unverified)

Just check it out in 6 months after the launch then but don't discount the game it even comes out. I don't like games with insane cashshops either but if this game is only going to offer cosmetic stuff I don't care and neither should you. If it was gameplay enhancing stuff then people raging on TSW about it's cashshop before they even gave full details on it fine, just rushing to judgement before the cards are all laid out.

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 2:52PM Kalex716 said

this is good news to hear.

I'm not going to play another MMO where i get dropped into some type of hub, lobby, whatever, where its my job to wander around this particular rotunda place and pick up quests from vendors that have punctuation over their heads, and the particulars of the quest get dog eared on my in game map for me or like a shopping list.

I'm just not going to do this any more.

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 5:03PM (Unverified) said

Way to not get my point. I can understand the WoW cash shop where its just a crappy mount or plush toys, but when games start including things like in game items I refuse to play it.

I'll be playing GW2, which luckily is keeping it's B2P model with a cash shop that is just cosmetic. I dont care if Rift does the same as it's boring and TOR won't hold my attention long enough for me to care.

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 6:21PM Dblade said

Eh, except what happens when people see the hammer is the best weapon in the game, and the dash the best movement power, and soon all you see are hammer dashers?

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 9:07AM Tom in VA said

The jabs at Blizzard sound a lot to me like ... envy.

I have been back in WoW of late and having a great time. I am impressed with the reworked lower zone content and, while the hand-holding may indeed be "heavy-handed", the pompous "we are gonna be such an awesome breakout game" line coming from TSW is wearing on me. I've heard that from other devs for other "awesome" games, games now mouldering in the dust of FAIL.

My advice to TSW: come up with something better than WoW, with comparable polish, and that's a financial success that players flock to and love, then I'll be ready to listen to what you have to say. Till them, it's just blah blah blah to me.

One of the things that troubles me in virtually every screenshot and game videos I have seen for TSW is that it all seems to be about grouping. Well, grouping is fine and right in an MMO, but it's the level of soloability that will make or break this (or any) MMO, imo.

Posted: Nov 29th 2011 12:22PM Harley Dude said

@Tom in VA

You don't even have to look at other devs. Funcom called AoC a fine steak compared to other MMOs being a cheeseburger or some such BS before it launched lol.

Funcom can talk a good game, but their two MMOs have had two of the worst launches in MMO history. Let's see if they learned anything since AoC's launch. I'm intrigued by this game, but I wouldn't touch it at launch. See you 6-12 after launch, Funcom.