Posted: Nov 27th 2011 8:37PM Moonaura said

Hey Brendan, I'll have to take another look at PI then I guess. It is good they are increasing bandwidth, and I hope they continue to improve PI, as I still don't feel planets are valuable enough to fight over the same way moons were in the past, and I really want them to be a critical part of Dust516, not just an optional meta game, but a key part of running an alliance well.

This means finishing what they started in dominion and make some radical changes to 0.0 ownership, making it much harder for massive alliances to hold so much space, when it fact, the reverse is true presently.

Historically any empire that spread itself to thin, eventually couldn't control it all. I'd like to see a way an alliance can hold a single system and protect against it just being rolled over by a capital blob - but this requires some serious thought as to how that would work.

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 6:11AM Xilmar said

While the expansion is amazing in some ways, i honestly doubt it will make it that much harder for large alliances to hold a lot of space in 0.0.

In fact, in a way it will be easier for the large power blocks to hold space, since the massive amount of time spent onlining/fueling a large number of poses will be reduced. Maybe the customs offices will compensate this, but i doubt it.

As long as the top of the income chain is held by moon mining, little will change if you ask me. Poses, supers nerf, etc all improve the game for most people, but at fanfest in spring 2012 the sov map will look similar. There will be changes, depending on the outcome of any winter war, but the map will mostly be split between a handful of coalitions, just like now.

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 9:21PM Brendan Drain said

@Xilmar I dont think Crucible is intended to make big changes to any part of EVE. It'll certainly not make it harder for big alliances to hold large areas of space. What it will do is add some conflict to PI where previously there was none, and make POS a more useful tactical weapon for temporary operations.

This expansion was originally billed as a nullsec revamp, but those plans were binned and the current horde of small changes became the expansion. The mechanics of starbases, sov and nullsec war will have to wait, but before those are iterated on I think we will see an impact on the map purely from the supercapital nerf. Some alliances only have one strategy, and it involves blobbing with supercaps.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM