Posted: Nov 25th 2011 1:11PM Calen said

Thanks ^^

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 1:53PM DevilSei said

Trampled? Bah, someone at a local store was packing mace and pepper spray! She (I heard it was a female) unloaded on everyone right in front of them so they could get in and get to the deal first, then unloaded more on the way out to keep them away.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 3:27PM SuperflyForever said

@DevilSei

She's just being efficient, is all

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 5:13PM Davevis93 said

@DevilSei -.- Sheesh people, I am unfortunately not surprised by that account considering the manners of today's consumer mobs.

I am enjoying the cosmetic sword for my Chibi Knight though a free Mist tank would have been a cooler item but I can't be choosey about a free giveaway! :)

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 8:47PM Space Cobra said

@DevilSei

I....don't know if that is legit or not; on hearing it first blush, sounds fishy, especially the re-macing on exiting.

At the very least, those who got Pepper-Sprayed would have gone after her or called the cops and arrested her for assault.

I also can't see how the store would just sit back and let that happen, much less rang her up. I only drove by a few Black Friday lines (just to sight-see) and I saw at least one Police Car per store in most cases to keep things in check (like unruly mobs, thefts, etc.).

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 9:03PM DevilSei said

@Space Cobra

Well it did happen actually

I heard it from my parents first though, and the way they were talking they made it sound like it was something locally. Found this article later on, which has all the details. As for the cops getting her, I'm guessing its hard to identify one crazed shopper in a group of a hundred crazed shoppers.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 10:03PM Space Cobra said

@DevilSei

Okay, reading and seeing.

Yeah, in such bedlam, it would be hard to identify her initially. If she were sneaky, she'd pepper spray, get the item and so on. The way you framed it, sounded like she charged through the line, yelling out barbarian curses while pepper spraying and doing the same on the way back. ;p

Well, she probably suffered as much as most of the shoppers, since the article mentioned the whole store smelled like pepper spray. She *may* have felt threatened and pulled it out (although I doubt that).

There probably will be witnesses who remember her (at least, some searing image of the person that caused them personal pain, plus some side witnesses). Hopefully, she suffered some splash-back if she was in close quarters.