Posted: Nov 25th 2011 5:10PM jealouspirate said

Here's a youtube link for the video, as SWTOR's website has been spotty at best this week and current appears to be down (for me, anyway).

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 5:10PM (Unverified) said

Good video. I even liked the hats, although I'm sure many will choose the "hide helm" option lol.

Posted: Nov 27th 2011 5:08PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Yeah, those helms are scary. Still having fun in the Beta thou.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 5:48PM J45neoboy said

Nice, I plan on playing this class during launch day.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 6:18PM LtRoosevelt said

• Half a heart
Rogue....eh I mean.... Shadow was okay at best and Sage is just appauling, SWTOR has made so many design decisions that I really hate and the more I see of the game the less I feel like playing it.

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 5:14AM Alfrodul said

@LtRoosevelt I still like the *class* I just don't care for most of the armours and any of the helms. My level 17 Sith Inquisitor has already had two nice-looking, gender-neutral circlets that even displayed under his hood. But the godawful whisk-broom crap they showed on the Jedi Consular's head in this video is atrocious. To be fair, at end game the Sith Inquisitors are get equally horrible feather-dusters stuck on their head. So... yeah... I'm not sure if any of my characters will ever be displaying their helms.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 6:33PM dudes said

Sage out of the two.

But Sith rules. Nyaaa.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 7:02PM Dukeun said

I LOVED the last armor they showed for the Sage! I want it!!!

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 7:04PM bobfish said

Interesting, plan to go Shadow in live so been playing an Assassin in the Beta and I can't stealth on my Assassin whilst in combat, like it shows the Shadow doing in the video.

Anyone know if the Shadow really can stealth whilst in combat or if that is just marketing making stuff up to wow the fans?

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 3:03AM hereafter said

@bobfish

don't they have some kind of combat stealth? Either way, the video is dramatizing it.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 7:08PM (Unverified) said

Perhaps on a cooldown?

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 7:21PM EndDream said

Man this month is moving at a glacial speed.... I WANT TO PLAY GAAH

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 9:04PM Space Cobra said

Well, I was thinking about doing this class as a 3rd alt, but I only played it to around level 5-ish last time. It didn't seem too "sexy" to me and I preferred the Jedi Knight more in combat mechanics.

But this video did well to sell it again. Not sure if I am going to go Shadow with it (since not sure if those mechanics work well), but I may go Sage. I'm mostly interested in the clothes as I plan to make an homage to an old, obscure TV series about Nuns that Fly! ;P

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 1:15AM WeirdJedi said

I was waiting a long time for this video, but I fear that the outfit for Jedi Sage might be a bit feminine. The hats and dresses are nice enough, but are there outfits that might cater to a male character?

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 7:54AM Space Cobra said

@WeirdJedi

They sorta have this "wild-man living in the woods with tattered clothing" thing/style going on.

It's not bad, but it's one reason I am making a female Consular on my main server. IMO, it's better than WoW's "Man-Priests wearing skirts", but the females just "rock it" very well, especially with the different styles and wardrobes.

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 9:57AM PacketBurner said

Twilek sith inquistor for me then unsub, maybe post smuggler but the consular isn't seeing any playtime from me

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 4:16PM (Unverified) said

I've never shown helm graphic in a game unless I am forced to.

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 5:18PM Nenene said

He looks like a MLB catcher from the days of Ancient Egypt.

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 5:28AM Snichy said

I played Consular mainly in the beta and was confused by the class. I was hoping for a force using ranged dpser but the only ranged skills I had access to at my level required a really short range to cast. After researching more into the advanced classes I found that it was either healer or melee and there doesnt appears to be a Republic force using ranged dpser like Siths Inquisitor. Guess I will have to stick with Trooper as I prefer ranged and after trying the cover classes, didnt like them at all either.

Posted: Nov 28th 2011 2:14PM HiroProtagonist7 said

for the record - got a beta key, played all weekend and they sold themselves a pre-order. I wasn't exactly a hater, more of an 'ignorer' but I wasn't looking forward to another WoW clone. The game is solid and fun.

I still think tacking on space after the fact was severely bone-headed - being the first dev to make that mistake was stupid enough, but being the second? Oh well, maybe they'll fix it in an expansion.
| 1 | 2 |