Posted: Nov 25th 2011 2:15PM Oranuro said

Looks very good. I predict this game won't be translated and launched no earlier than Q2 2013 and GW2 Q4 2012, both being subscription worthy(although GW2 isn't) I guess DCUO will have to tie me over til then.

Not going to resub to WoW til Panderbears expansion is launched so maybe I'll have to pick up new hobbies in 2012 =).

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 2:24PM smartstep said

Looks decent. Much better than previous ones. Hope they implement some body customization though.

Face customization looks good.

Last parts of video are ability composition (unique for archeage, where you "create" your own class by choosing 3 from 10 possible abilities - needless to say that amount of possible combinations are very numerous :) )

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 3:37PM Wurm said

You can watch the video in 720p resolution here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-3Au0faDNc

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 4:36PM shirtntie said

I like what im seeing. What really has me excited about this game is believe it or not the ability to climb vertical surfaces. They have several videos where you can see it. It opens up so many possibilities! Imagine if you are able to climb onto larger than life bosses during a fight. Now that is something new and fresh for a MMORPG.

Plus they have several other features that to me at least are very unique. Like ship battles, gliding, dance, and literally changing the game world (planting trees and bushes).

This one is going to be a game changer like GW2

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 5:43PM smartstep said

@shirtntie

Well you cannot climb all vertical surfaces though.

You can climb all (or most) trees, you can climb a wall if there is for example some plants on this wall, etc

Still nice feature :)

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 4:48PM Utakata said

...and thankfully no "jiggle" effects...unlike the pervy toon creator in Blade & Soul!

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 8:43PM Utakata said

• 1 heart
@Utakata

...well, I guess peeps like their "jiggle" effect. I'll keep quiet about that then. /sigh

(You know you guys could have a real live girlfriend instead. Just saying.)

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 3:43AM Utakata said

@Utakata

*Calms pigtails*

Yeah...well I over stepped my bounds again. And I shouldn't of said that...but as I said before, silently downgrading my comments without telling me what the issue is just as bad as trolling IMO. And it annoys me to no end. But either way though, my apologies for over-reacting. :(

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 5:11AM smartstep said

@Utakata

I just voted your comment up. I agree about jiggling and I am hetero male.

Many games make boobs jiggle so much it is comical and just not funny or attractive imho.

Anyone know that any female with big breast if she want / need to do some psychical activity like running, she will put some kind of good / sport bra, cause some young boys don't realize that boobs jiggling like crazy is not really pleasant.

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 12:29PM Zyrusticae said

@Utakata

I actually find games *without* any jiggle at all are more jarring than those that overdo it (although "overdoing it" is a subjective thing in many cases, as actual breasts of a decent size WILL jiggle pretty obscenely if unsupported). The most obvious example is APB, where I can actually go exclusively with pasties and no other support, yet my character's breasts don't move at all, which just doesn't make any sense.

Boobs are not made out of steel, and only the tightest support will mitigate *all* of the movement.

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 1:37PM Utakata said

@smartstep

Well...thank you, for that's worth. :)

...and yes you are quite right. And a game that has the character doing alot of crazy ass martial arts would obviously want to put something on to restrain her oppositiley moving bosooms so it doesn't break her chi. Thus you would unlikely to see any jiggle standing passive on a toon creator. Unless there's something else going on with the dev's intentions...*ahem* ecchi.

@Zyrusticae

...well depends on how big your making them. Small ones really don't have that issue. Unless ofcoarse APB's toon creator is stuck without chest/boob slider...then giving your female something unrealistic to begin with. Also you may to note my converstion with Smartstep that a highly active toon of that nature would also likely be wearing some sort of sports bra like restraint to stop that distracting and interfering with what she is doing. Thus nullifying any "jiggle."
-----

...now that I've become horribley off-topic over this. (My apologies.) I'll just say the CC for Arch-Age though fairly minimalist is refreshing that is does not needlessly "sex-up" your female characters like certain other games out of that region. Just saying.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 4:59PM Braiks said

Looks good, really. I want to play this now!

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 6:20PM Fabius Bile said

• Half a heart
looks exactly the same as Aion

this korean games spend too much time in this kind of bling and eyecandy, and then they all dissapoint with their grindy and tiresome gameplay...

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 7:51PM Jef Reahard said

@Fabius Bile

I've got an endgame toon in Aion and based on my limited experience in ArcheAge's last Korean CBT -- the world and the gameplay on offer in the two titles is very different.

Aion is completely linear and frankly very small in terms of the number of zones/dungeons/playfields. ArcheAge is quite massive, has much more flexibility in terms of playing with your character builds, and generally seems like there will be a lot more to do. AA is also launching with social features like housing that Aion is just now getting around to implementing 2.5 years after it shipped.

It's hard to say exactly what AA is going to turn out like at this early stage, but comparing it to Aion is like comparing TOR to SWG. They're not the same type of game at all unless you're talking purely about graphical style.

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 6:01AM Fabius Bile said

@Jef Reahard
I was comparing the character creation

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 9:05AM Irem said

@Fabius Bile
If you were comparing the character creation only, why go on to assume that the gameplay will be the same? And really, it doesn't look anything like Aion, except in that you can make very pretty characters. The characters are much more realistically modeled and the creation interface is completely different.

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 1:48PM Utakata said

@Fabius Bile

There is no size and girth slider options that are prevalent in Aion's CC as I understand it. And features of AA as I've mentioned seem to be fairley minimalist which is a big difference alone from Aion. This maybe because that CC is still in development or the devs like with WoW want players to focus more on the game instead of the toon creations. But either way, compairing AA with Aion either with toon creator or game is likely compairing apples to oranges.

Posted: Nov 27th 2011 4:14PM Sukiyaki said

@Fabius Bile
Wait so "based" on the similarity of Archeages character creation process to Aion, which actually has hardly any similarities to Aions slider based character customization (well aside from the fact that you can customize your character appearance at all) just like Aions class and class specialization based customization has barely any resemblance to Archeages multiple trait based combat type customization...

Archeage gameplay is supposed to be "tiresome and grindy"?

Neither do they have any outstanding similarities , the whole reasoning is retarded, as fun and rich in gameplay is not in any way restricted by a solid character customization. Unless you try to defend your favorite game lacking even decent character customization the whole statement makes no sense at all.

Someone is trying too hard to hate on both these games.

Posted: Nov 26th 2011 12:34PM Zyrusticae said

I'm not sure picking stuff from a list really qualifies as "face customization"... I mean, it's about as basic as you can possibly get.

I won't be impressed until, at the very least, they have something resembling the sliders being used in pretty much every MMO under the sun nowadays (Age of Conan, Aion, EVE Online, Champions Online, TERA, even Blade & Soul is planning on it).