Posted: Nov 24th 2011 4:14PM fallwind said

as a counter to bank raiders, I would like to add another: That guy who puts EVERYTHING in the guild bank.

crappy common drops, stacks and stacks of common crafting mats, items that anyone can get better versions of with an easy quest, 12 different versions of basically the same thing that no one wants in the first place, all the dupes from them leveling up their crafting skill ("we don't need 25 level 15 daggers!")

Posted: Nov 24th 2011 4:36PM Faction 3 said

@fallwind

I actually used to do this to %$^& around with my GM back in my WoW days. But I would Guild-Bank the funny stuff I found, like "Misshapen Foot", or "Stinking Fur", then I'd go on a long tangent on why we may need it if he ever questions me about it.

VAULKNARE! Why is there Stinking Fur here?!

"If we're ever attacked by an animal with a strong sense of smell, we can use that to escape to a safe place! Thats a important tool in survival out here! Im just thinking of the well-being of the Gui-JUST STOP IT!!"

Good times!!

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 1:39PM Brendan Drain said

@fallwind We had a guy in my EverQuest II guild who would periodically fill the entire bank with stacks of 200 cream cheese. Good times

Posted: Nov 24th 2011 4:23PM mysecretid said

Yeah, I also disklike those egotistical idiots who "call out" people because they can't handle a group failure, and need someone to blame.

My first reaction when people go off on a well-intentioned weak-link player is "Hey, let's get rid of the prima donna who failed at anger management instead"

Skill can be taught, if the person is willing. Weak players who bring something fun to the play experience can even be "carried" by an exceptional group that knows it's stuff.

A rage-aholic drama-queen who can't handle failure is never worth the trouble. All they do is suck all the fun out of everything, even victory.

Posted: Nov 24th 2011 5:56PM real65rcncom said

Never put a frozen turkey into a fryer or put an incompetent member in charge of your guild when you have to go away.

Both things can and will blow up in your face and leave horrid scars afterwards.

Posted: Nov 24th 2011 6:22PM FrostPaw said

You fry Turkey?

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 12:47AM Space Cobra said

You really need a video to show readers the dangers of Turkey Frying. I am surprised you have a picture of one such video, but not the video link:

In the interest of safety, I present to you, "Eat, Fry. Love. A Turkey PSA cautionary tale, presented by State Farm and William Shatner!"

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 4:13AM Cylien said

Had a guy in my guild who from day one was all like...
"Is it wooorth doooing these queeeessts?" And then kept on asking everyone for gear and help and... and... and....

When he asked us to make a bag for him that we only made for people that had done excellent things for the guild as it cost a LOT of gold and mats to make, i completely lost it.

To my shame as a guild leader i called him on it in open vent and he left shortly after.

I should have handled it differently - but the guy had been driving me, and everyone else up the wall for the two or so months he was in the guild.

I learned from that to tackle stuff earlier and not let frustrations build up.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 9:30AM Yukon Sam said

What the hell is a DKP? You kids and your flashy new acronyms. When I was a kid, we carved our acronyms on rocks... and we LIKED it!

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 10:18AM Celtar said

Pretty much avoid going near guild banks/vaults. I store my own stuff and seldom have needed anything from anyone else that I couldn't buy from the Auction House.

I think that you sort of missed the point, and that is that the guild leaders "need" to explain to its members what the rules of the bank/vault are. If they don't do so then the members won't know how or when to use the bank. Whether it is removing an item or putting items in.

About the the only thing I've ever done with guild banks was deposit coin into them for upkeep/expansion, figured it was the least to I could do. I also am one of those who will if I have the time spend hours helping a member gather mats, farm for an item or help with a quest. What I note is that it seldom is returned. Though I tend to rarely ask for anything myself. lol

On the "call someone out on the open channels". I agree to a point but I am also big on "everyone" understanding "What/why" something went wrong. So talking through it openly in my opinion is the best route. I learn more from knowing what/why and when its all done in private I don't learn a thing.

Personally the overly sensitive player mentality always has rubbed me wrong. If you can't talk about it you can't fix it. I'm not talking about getting upset or offended when another member flies off the handle, losing your cool is never acceptable. We all get angry or frustrated at times, its simply a matter of stepping back a moment, regaining your cool and continuing on before you say something stupid that you'll regret.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 1:53PM einstini15 said

thats a guild policy fault, new content should come with either a dkp wipe or what i like to do, cut everyone's dkp by a very high percentage, 75% or more.