Posted: Nov 24th 2011 5:33PM SpencerRuler said

Spend too much on TF2. WAY too much.

And Valve deserves every cent of it.

Posted: Nov 24th 2011 5:38PM Dianoga4 said

I once spent $200 buying a guys account in an indie game called Project Visitor (which is still around). It had a crapload of items on the account plus about $700 million of in game currency and also in that game you can own chunks of land which the account had many of as well. I wouldn't normally pay that much for something virtual but I love the game and the guy selling the account was donating all of the money to the game (which I know for sure because I paid the game owner and not the account holder).

Besides that the most I'll usually pay is around $15 for something like a mount that I can keep forever in the game.

Posted: Nov 24th 2011 7:04PM EuchridEucrow said

If it is free to play then I would spend about 15-20 U.S.D. to get a mount and whatever crap with the left over in game currency IF and only IF I would get access to the mount from level one. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with the cash shop.

Posted: Nov 24th 2011 7:28PM Yukon Sam said

I'll drop $200 on a lifetime sub. I know that's not a virtual item, but it gets me access to most of the virtual items for as long as I play, so it saves me a lot of money in the long term.

Otherwise...if it's purely cosmetic, I can't see dropping more than a couple bucks on a mount or costume. If it's a big plot of land in the game world that I can terraform and build upon, I might pay up to $20 every month (especially if I can split it with other residents, or even turn a profit by renting it out and cashing in the surplus game currency).

If you want me to drop $25 on a sparkle pony, it had better come with a head-mounted death ray and a color-coordinated fembot.

Posted: Nov 24th 2011 8:30PM eLdritchZ said

the less money per purchase the more i'll be inclined to actually buy something... f.e. i probably spent like 200 € or more on LoL so far and I've never spent a dime in EQ2..

when it comes to virtual goods that cost practically nothing to produce, cheaper will earn you more money than expensive... try and convince me otherwise if you must, but i know i'm right on this one :P

Posted: Nov 24th 2011 11:46PM SgtBaker1234556 said

I think $50 is more or less my limit for in-game cosmetic items.
Anything above that feels expensive.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 1:07AM Lumin said

Depends. When something is available in a cash shop, it usually ends up losing its prestige due to being obtainable by "anyone with real life money." I'm only willing to fork out real life money when an item is both appealing and rare... which almost never happens.

$20~$25 is probably the highest I will go for an item/service that is both cosmetic and functional. If a game's cash shop items vastly outperform the items obtainable from playing the game normally, chances are that it isn't a game I play.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 6:07AM (Unverified) said

Five bucks. That's what I spent on a mount in Runes of Magic when it was on sale.

Posted: Nov 25th 2011 6:36AM alimantando said

$100 for Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune cards.
$100+ for skill unlocks, inventory panes and what not in GW1.
$300 for an X-51 flying mount Rocket for WOW. Also about $1200 on 2 cases of WOW for a Spectral Tiger :D at least i got cards.