Posted: Nov 21st 2011 11:45AM (Unverified) said

This isn't really a 'makeover' (assuming that by makeover you mean that his base model will be changed). It's a legendary skin that people will have to pay for.

Anyway, looking good.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 12:01PM Kalex716 said

• Half a heart
Man if i thought what Riot did with promoting a mere legendary skin with a trailer was dumb... Covering it as news on another website would be even dumber.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 12:21PM Jef Reahard said

@Kalex716

Page hits, good sir. Kind of how this whole thing works. Thanks for looking btw.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 12:52PM (Unverified) said

@Kalex716

This just in:

Everyone has different opinions on what is important to them!

Just because something doesn't interest you doesn't mean it doesn't interest me!

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 1:54PM (Unverified) said

You make it sound like they gave Vladimir a makeover, which would mean his model or skin was redone. This is not true since it's only a legendary skin which you need to purchase. Vladimir, in no way or form, was given a makeover.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 2:50PM (Unverified) said

Hate to say it, but the way the article is written made me think they were revamping Vlad like they have been doing with other Champions.

I don't care about the skin, but it's a shame that those spell animations aren't baseline in an effort to bump the game up to the newer graphical standard they're headed towards.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 5:00PM ShivanSwordsman said

@(Unverified)

So, to get all these spiffy new things... you have to buy it? Huh. I was thinking just the same as you. I actually wanted to jump into the game and finally try to earn this guy. That's... just low. Wow. I too thought they were trying to bump their game up to a newer standard, and make everything that much better... but it's just another cash grab... it's 1820 riot points. So they just released a $20 skin, and most of the skins for this guy are $10. Man, I am really glad I jumped out of this game...

Posted: Nov 22nd 2011 2:48AM (Unverified) said

@ShivanSwordsman
I don't understand what you're complaining about. The game is really well done, and is 100% free to play and doesn't give paying customers any advantage over non-payers. Some champions have indeed receieved free makeovers, like Janna and Kayle. Vlad is still relatively new compared to those that are receiving free makeovers and he definitely doesn't need one.

Since the game is fully free to play, they need to make money off something - this isn't a freaking charity. So, they sell alternate skins for champions at varying prices and then you have the most über skins of all, legendary skins which cost a good amount. It's all for vanity and people do it all the time, either to look good, support Riot, or both.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2011 6:59AM ShivanSwordsman said

@(Unverified)

It's $20. For a skin. I believe that completely nulls any sort of argument you may have had. Let me repeat that. $20. FOR A SKIN. I know they're a "company", I know it's not a charity. BUT $20 FOR A SKIN. If I have not made my point somehow valid in your eyes yet, please go see a doctor, you may have contracted a severe case of the derp.

Even $10 is too much for a stupid skin. I could easily accept a $3 skin, or a $5 one. That's alright. But they're charging the amount one would require to purchase a freakin' expansion pack just for a skin. No go.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2011 8:59AM (Unverified) said

@ShivanSwordsman Its $15, not $20 but I agree that it is still a lot. However, it isn't just a skin. Its new animations (including spell animations) and voice as well as the skin itself.

The best part is however, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT. To quote you, "I believe that completely nulls any sort of argument you may have had."

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 2:52PM stealthrider said

Just a legendary skin, nothing more to see, here.

Sivir, however, has a remake coming out soon.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 10:49PM (Unverified) said

It's a really good game and you never have to pay a dime to get anywhere, but some of the things they do are bizarre.