Posted: Nov 21st 2011 9:18AM SwarlesBarkley said

The game sounds very interesting if only for the differences in how they handle leveling/classes/respeccing. I am interested to know how the actual character movements feel as I always found AoC stiff. I know its a minor issue to some, but for me it could be a dealbreaker. The lore, mysteries, conspiracies, and secret societies intrigue the hell out of me though.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 10:14AM Braiks said

@SwarlesBarkley To be honest I think AoC has the best character movements in an MMO, I don't know what you found stiff.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 12:28PM BigAndShiny said

• 1 heart
@Braiks
I hate that in AOC you run as a complete hunchback. In regards to character movement, whenever i show people who have never played it WoW, they are amazed at how smooth and fast it is. Up until now no MMO has had the smoothness and pace of movement as in WoW i think.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 1:34PM (Unverified) said

@SwarlesBarkley

AoC has the best char movement by far. you are wrong ;)

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 2:53PM Vandal said

@SwarlesBarkley It was the poor character models rather than the animations that really struck me in AoC. It looks like the character models have been improved for TSW.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2011 8:22PM (Unverified) said

@SwarlesBarkley AoC movements weren't stiff unless you had a low end video card that was barely able to run the game. AoC has rather high system requirements after all.

The entire game was done with motion capture (where possible). Even down to the detail that women would hold a 2h sword differently from a man due to their physical differences.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 9:27AM Damn Dirty Ape said

My excitement for this game is tempered by the reality that was Age of Conan. My hope is that they hold onto the game until it is well polished.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 9:28AM Dagget said

Any indication yet on how they will handle regions? Ready access for Euros to create chars on US serves and vice-versa? Also, have they indicated yet whether you can have multiple chars on one server who are in different societies, or all forced to be the same faction on a given server?

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 9:28AM Poordevil said

Could TSW be a break away sleeper hit? One that garners more subs than either Star Wars or Guild Wars? It seems to have a solid foundation so far, and hey anything is possible, even for Funcom :)

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 10:05AM Gaugamela said

@Poordevil

Doubtful. Funcom has a really bad reputation and only if the game is Rift-smooth at launch it will gain momentum. But even so don't expect it to beat SW:TOR in terms of sub numbers.
However, it doesn't needs to reach those numbers to be successful.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 7:16PM jimr9999us said

@Poordevil

I think the better question here is "Can Funcom Release a Finished Game?" If they truly learned form the AoC release debacle I look forward to spending time in A Secret World. Here's hoping.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 7:30PM Gaugamela said

@Poordevil

By the way, I am much more interested in this game than in SW:TOR.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 10:33PM Valdur said

@Gaugamela

SWTOR is a sprinter and TSW is a marothonian.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2011 7:56AM cerebrix said

@jimr9999us

everything ragnar has ever done at funcom has only been polished.

he wrote all the lore for anarchy online. which was deep, complete. and immensely entertaining. in many peoples opinion, the best part of rubi-ka.

the longest journey and dreamfall were also both extremely polished at launch (although not mmo's, they were still very bug free games that won tons of awards).

i think ragnar has earned the benefit of the doubt via years of hard work over there at funcom.

so its safe to say, because of him, its going to rock.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 9:31AM Ulfgaar said

• Half a heart
The more I find out, the less I care.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 9:37AM scfs123 said

Want...In...Beta....
Sounds so awesome.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 9:43AM alimantando said

Sounds awesome, the customizability is everything I wanted in an MMO. Perhaps, perhaps I will sub this and buy GW2 and be done.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 10:08AM Gaugamela said

• 1 heart
This game is sounding really interesting. And if the part of casting while moving is true then this game offers even more flexibility in the combat system.

Everything about it sounds great. I just have a doubt about how the PvP will be handled if there's no levels. Potentially one team could be full of younger and less powerful characters against the other two teams with the potential for a lot of unbalance.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 10:14AM Arkanaloth said

sounds interesting... we shall see. I tend to limit myself to one sub-based MMO at a time, so we'll see if it's competition with TOR for me.

Posted: Nov 21st 2011 10:20AM DarkWalker said

The parts that got me hooked are:

- No levels
- No classes
- Any character able to obtain all skills, and thus to fulfill any role.
- Skill loadout changeable whenever out of combat.

After experimenting with games that restrict characters to just one or two roles, I'm not really willing to get into games with this same restriction. It's the main reason why I've indefinitely postponed purchasing TOR (since characters won't be able to change AC at max level, and each AC can do at most two roles).