Posted: Nov 19th 2011 10:16AM Jeromai said

I'd like to spend some time in Rift's Ember Isle - it's huge, barely got through the first quarter of it, and maybe try my hand at the group dungeon instance. Got to catch the wave while people are still interested in exploring and it's all new...

But if I'm really honest though, Skyrim is likely to win and take up most of the weekend. It's ridiculously engrossing and you basically have the equivalent of an AI director dynamically feeding you side quests and interesting happenings while you're exploring a hand crafted world with more scripted quests.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 12:48PM (Unverified) said

Lol @ Beau. Gaming with dogs, now that's just silly. :]

What I'm up to: Some Torchlight on Very Hard, a decent challenge so I won't get bored playing it this time.

Beyond that, I'm not sure. I am considering trying out some F2P MMO's, but I haven't decided on that yet.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 1:43PM (Unverified) said

Taking a break from MMOs, I got Dark Souls, Skyrim and UMvC3 on my plate at the moment, no idea how I'm going to fit it all in, but I can try.

I tried Digimon Masters but ugh,
I wanted to like it, I really did, but I just found it so boring, I'd go as far to say that it was the most bored I've ever been with an MMO.
It was like everything I hated about MMOs rolled into one abomination.
I couldn't even give it points for the nostalgia factor since it's based on one of the seasons that never aired where I live (to my knowledge, anyway).

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 2:19PM chuckasucka said

When I have kids, I definitely plan to introduce them to mmos. It would teach them a valuable lesson about time management, meeting people from different walks of life, and how to max their crit chance against cloth wearers, duh. No but really I have made some great RL friends in mmos and I would love for my kids to have that opportunity. When I ran a guild in WoW, the teenage member that we had got such slack for being young from the adults, but he was really awesome and a good person. I think that it was a learning experience for him to face agism. Plus, mmos rock. Well, they did for a while, and will again soon haha.

This weekend I am trying to FINALLY sit down and play through Dragon Age. I have a huge qeue of games I bought on Steam that I am using to fill my time until GW2 comes out.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 5:37PM Borick said

@Beau

How's Vendetta Online for the tablet?

I used to play the game. I really enjoyed it (For me it is all that Eve should have been), but there just wasn't enough there to keep me paying for the service. I've downloaded it for my Android but I'm too stingy to re-up my account and actually play it again.

Vendetta has that oldschool Elite thing that appeals to me. If they can actually make it worth playing on a tablet (And if there are more than 100 concurrent users) I might return.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 5:40PM Borick said

@Borick Also, my kid and I play Minecraft together. I'm teaching her how to design control systems without her knowing it. I can't force her to be an engineer, but at least I can sneak in some basics before she flies off to Liberal Arts indoctrination college.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 6:19PM Beau Hindman said

@Borick Oh I don't have a droid tab. That's why I downloaded it for my Inspire. :) It's pretty cool on that as well.

Beau

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 6:29PM Graill440 said

Yet another Eliot killer whale sighting. The beast is elusive, but i am tracking it.....i will catch it eventually.........(que maniacal laughter)

Posted: Nov 20th 2011 1:21PM HiroProtagonist7 said