Posted: Nov 18th 2011 10:42PM DeeBeeP said

I read this and was like "meh". Then I checked out the link and saw that they are bringing Dragoons back and went giddy like a schoolgirl. Now if only they would bring Samurai back I could relive the glory days of Pentastrike spam!

trollface.gif

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 11:14PM Cendres said

This patch is quite exciting and frightening at the same time. I hope this is all a change for the best. I'm a fan of hybrid classes though, so I meet this with some trepidation. *cross fingers*

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 3:28AM (Unverified) said

@Cendres I don't think that using a job means you can no longer use class abilities. I think it just adds even more abilities to choose from. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think I am. As for whether it's a change for the better or not, Yoshida has done nothing but good things from what I've seen. I started playing again recently. Haven't played since beta.

From the changes I've seen, I'm excited for the 2.0 relaunch. The game has a healthy population as long as you play on a populated server, but I think the relaunch will save the game in the long term. I'd definitely give Yoshida the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. It's no small task to take over a project as big and screwed up at FFXIV was and make it fun.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 9:40AM Cendres said

The jobs are created for the sole purpose of giving players class specialization and roles in groups. Because many people ranted about not having a true identity while grouping, an opinion I personally find short sighted but it's done.

From what I can understand it sounds like you can unlock jobs and use them in groups and dungeons, but go back to your hybrid Con/Thaum for example for solo or everyday stuff including leveling. I don't have the vision to imagine what this means, but yes we will see.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 11:04AM (Unverified) said

Actual classes just always seem to work better.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 3:15PM Joshinu said

I like where this is going but if they don't fix the targeting issues, delay in actions being triggered, anything indicating if an ability actually is being activated, only light up abilities that proc when they actually proc, it will just mean more stuff to fix.

I'm excited for new stuff, don't get me wrong, I just think they need to get the nuts and bolts sorted before adding to it. Right now combat isn't fun, it's a chore. Everything looks pretty but I have no clue if an ability on my pugilist is going to be used or not. If something attacks me, I don't automatically target it or I end up targeting myself. There are things that I would rather they get out sooner. The roles the game shipped with would be fine for now if they actually played well in combat. Adding the jobs then would feel much more awesome once the basics are solid. But hey, that's just me.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 9:36PM Tyrang said

@Joshinu It seems like Yoshi plans to add new stuff AND fix old stuff at the same time. Pretty ambitious, and I hope he succeed.

Posted: Nov 20th 2011 6:30PM (Unverified) said

2H swords?

Really, I mean I think FF, I think big swords, sort of requirement.