Posted: Nov 18th 2011 6:42PM Space Cobra said

::Insert standard:::

"Wow! People still play this game?!?!"

or

"Wow! This game is still around?!?!"

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 9:27PM Utakata said

@Space Cobra

More like this game was predicted to die a horrible death and fast...because at the time it was released, it was a subscription game with an eye rolling name and what appeared to be a cheap knock-off what APB was proposing around the time. (Still remember the vids of the gittering and twitching NPC's that I thought I would get a seizure if I looked at them too long.) Though after the CC release they quickly switched to F2P...around the time APB was released if my memory serves me correct. It's odd that 2 expansion later, this game is still kicking around...while the much vaunted APB is still struggling after already one mighty crash and burn death...

...I'm not sure there's a moral to this somewhere - I'm thinking of the old rabbit/turtle race story for some reason. But my irony gland has certainly be taken for a ride when comparing the history of these two crime based MMO's. Just saying.

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 6:44PM Space Cobra said

I've been meaning to give this game a go, especially after a few months; heard bad things about it. I think it is f2p now, but i kinda want to see if I can lay my hands on the starting bundle at Best Buy (IF I can find it!) first before jumping in.

But not sure about "joining a gang", since I'd likely be solo most of the time.

Kinda curious if they ever improved this title and how it compares with other similiar games or, most importantly, if it is just "fun".

Posted: Nov 24th 2011 12:32AM corpusc said

@Space Cobra the combat has a good feel to it.
i hate having levels in a PVP game, but it seemed differences didn't matter that greatly outside of the fact that you couldn't have certain weapons until you levelled up. melee hits are instagib, and you can kill pretty fast with starting guns, so you don't feel like you can't do anything like is the case with most PVP games with char progression. its definitely worth a try if you like FPS battles. also i don't think it penalizes your movement by reducing your aim accuracy. or surely i would not have played it or had much fun in it. if you don't expect an MMO, it can be fun.

before this expansion it had no right to call itself an MMO. altho the city zones (which you can't fight in) are massively multiplayer. its got that Guild Wars/D&DO setup with regards to instancing.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 12:50PM Dianoga4 said

I started playing this game just before the real switch to f2p. It was very limited at that time. It went f2p not long after and that opened up quite a few things to people that they didn't have before. It is a lobby based game pretty much. The "lobbies" are pretty big though because they are parts of the city. You will find the NPCs here to buy sell, craft, etc. I haven't done much crafting myself but it's there to do. There is quite a bit of customization for your character in regards to weapons and clothing. There are missions and achievements, PVE and PVP and also some storyline missions. You can pretty much pop into a match or create a match anytime you want if you just want to play. A lot of the missions seem to involve you playing a round on one of the maps and while you are in there you have to do something else while playing the match. It'll be pretty much like "Play a round of deathmatch on this map and while you're in there grab some stolen plans while you're there". So you play a around against others like normal but you have other objectives to complete as well when you are in there which are usually displayed on the map. There is also some coop based maps against NPCs as well which can be fun. It has pretty decent graphics. It's a 3rd person shooter for those that don't know. I don't play it all the time but I keep it on my computer for whenever I feel like playing a shooter. It's not really a twitch based shooter which I prefer more myself. You can do melee attacks when up close as well. Anyways just thought I'd share some of the very basics. Like I said I don't play it all the time but I like to pop into it from time to time. I'll definitely be checking out this expansion.

Posted: Nov 19th 2011 12:52PM Dianoga4 said

@Dianoga4 One basic thing I forgot to say was that there is a levelling system in the game and you get access to different abilities and things as well as you level up.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories