Posted: Nov 18th 2011 12:16PM nimzy said

Maybe now I'll get around to checking it out.

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 12:19PM Chambers said

if i had heard about this last week maybe i would have downloaded the client and gave it a spin but at a couple hours notice.... really?

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 12:24PM Issmir said

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 12:30PM yeppers said

Does anyone know how many gigs the download is? I just downloaded about 20g for DCUO ...

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 12:57PM (Unverified) said

@yeppers

I think about 13 gigs total.

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 12:39PM hexaemeron said

I've tried to trial this game 3x, but after I download and install it, it never patches or launches.

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 12:51PM (Unverified) said

It is fail again .. ppl are making 100 magic skills literally in hour and goblins are gives away infernal armor parts .. ok, wipe it, sell it to another "provider" and good by Tasos.

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 12:58PM (Unverified) said

The nice thing is that there's some big item drops and skill gains even for newbies. There will probably be a wipe coming down the line (or the game will be moving in this direction for everyone soon), but it sounds like a lot of fun for a weekend.

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 12:59PM smartstep said

No thanks, but no.

If company making Darkfall will release any other mmorpg in the future and it will be real "UO succesor" and not some FFA PVP gankfest with FPS like mechanics, then I might give it a shot.
Also with hardcap on total skill points.

Until then, they would have to pay me to play it again.

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 2:09PM DancingCow said

@smartstep

Not that I play Darkfall, but one of the reasons I tried it originally was the lack of such a hardcap.

Many of us strongly prefer that.

It's possible to not pigeonhole players, to allow them the flexibility to learn everything and still prevent them from being a tank/mage/healer. Eve and Ryzom have done it and TSW is doing it too.

Viva la lackofhardcap!

PS - Also not downloading for this free weekend. I love the idea of Darkfall but my experience at launch was SO BAD that it almost qualifies as traumatic. It put me right off pvp in any MMO for ages.

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 1:09PM (Unverified) said

You couldn't pay me to enter into this PvP hell.

Posted: Nov 20th 2011 12:37PM HiroProtagonist7 said

PvP Hell? Traumatic? Give me a break. Those statements don't come from anyone who's played in the last year.

Sure, you'll get ganked every one in a while and if you try to play like it's WoW you'll probably lose a lot of crap when it happens.

Darkfall is a thinking man's game, it's the wild west with Dragons and it's probably the closest thing you'll find to a simulation of a fantasy environment that you can find if that's what your looking for. If you need a seventh place ribbon for every little thing you do then it's probably best to stay away.

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014