Posted: Nov 17th 2011 1:57PM Lafajet said

I really should stop reading these comment sections some day, it seems like their only function right now is to be a source of confirmation bias for haters and fanboys alike. Ah well, enough of me being condescending.

Personally I'm looking forward to the beta weekend, but I doubt it will significantly alter my view of the game, by now I've got a pretty good grasp about what to expect.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 7:33PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Beta saved me 150 bucks looks like Im waiting longer to get back into the MMO scene. Really wish a AAA MMO would meet that standard and not look like it was developed by a bunch of amateurs

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 6:59AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

See you in 15 years!

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 12:27AM RattleandHum1988 said

So I registered one of the codes that the givaway gave me when I clicked that link, and it says

11.17.2011 BETA Testing Code (Event 1)

That mean I'll get into the thanksgiving beta weekend? Hopefully...

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 10:06AM (Unverified) said

I dont get it.....is it going to take 15 years for a AAA MMO to have a functional chat system or a reasonable interface to interact with???? I mean really these are things that were built and nearly perfected 10 years ago.....why do I have only 2 action bars???? Why cant I move my action bars??? what cant I move anything on my interface? why are the chat functions tedious to deal with? Why are quests boring and feel like a job rather than a heroic adventure that actually means something to the world I am playing in?? Why is the quest dialogue so generic and cliche? Why do I feel like I am doing the same thing I did 10 years ago while playing EQ....yet I had more fun with their archaic system.

Really this is just a bad game all around....it makes me question Bioware, and their potential as a top level developer......ME2, Dragon Age 2, and now this (SWTOR) how can something so good become something so wrong this quickly?

Posted: Nov 27th 2011 9:38PM udmatador said

@(Unverified)

you dolt! this is a beta. This isn't the final release of the game. obviously you've been playing everquest for the last 15 years because you're complaints are about things that have been a staple to an MMO game and have been for the last 7 years it will be in the RC....why are quests so boring? probably because you're burnt out on MMO's. it's not like they claimed to be redefining questing. hey, at least this game has dialog as so many mmo's don't? you had more fun playing everquest because it was a fresh idea. TOR is something for star wars fans. it's nothing new for the genre. like so many titles before it follows a very similar, winning formula from WoW, so throw a coat of "in a galaxy far, far away..." over it and boom! star wars fans will eat it up.

i'm starting to doubt if you spent more than an hour with this game. im gonna bet you're trolling. it's a good game for what it is...you're just nitpicking and crying over things that you either don't understand or just haven't figured out.