Posted: Nov 17th 2011 12:53PM real65rcncom said

"That's right -- Eligium is heading into closed beta on the 19th, which is pretty gutsy considering that a majority of the MMO community might have something else on their mind come that date."
*************
but since it's "closed beta", it's not like thousands can just walk in and play. It's going to be selective, correct?

So even if someone was interested, it's closed.. not open. Not really that gutsy when they only plan on inviting so but so many few.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 1:13PM MarkLIVE said

It depends...if they let everyone in who signed up (regardless if its open or closed), then it will do good for beta, ONLY if they keep shoving down our throats that the beta is the 19th...

Main reason they'll get good feedback, is cause SWTOR's ques are gonna be a bitch no doubt, so why wait when you can probably be playing Eligium for a day or two while the SWTOR ques windle down a little. Me on the other hand, I'll be waiting for the ques, since SWTOR has been my game of choice since 2008

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 2:01PM real65rcncom said

@MarkLIVE

Unless they were doing a stress test, it would be extremely unwise to let everyone in who signs up.

That's why they usually close the beta so they can test other things first, then at open beta usually is more stress testing.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 1:20PM EuchridEucrow said

In before the Ren54...I mean Lucidus troll.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 2:01PM drunkingamebar said

@EuchridEucrow I knew there was something very familiar about those 2...

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 2:05PM (Unverified) said

This just in!

FTP game does things similar to AAA MMOs for popularity!

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 2:22PM Dunraven said

I wouldn't call it gutsy

Suicidal is a more apt term.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 5:44PM (Unverified) said

I'll probably be in early access to sw:tor. SO yes i got plans.

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 7:14PM Resurge said

If you believe all the stuff you read on internet sites, hardly anyone wants to play panda monks in wow, much less in some new game we've never heard of :p

Posted: Nov 17th 2011 9:02PM Oranuro said

I signed up for beta and I'll be playing when I get my invite (Frogster always invite me for beta) since I don't plan on playing SWTOR anytime soon. besides, Frogster has a good track record of publishing games that are kinda fun.

Posted: Nov 18th 2011 7:17AM mmogaddict said

So if you have a beta and nobody turns up does it still count?

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM